Talk:Buddhism in Afghanistan
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Buddhism in Afghanistan article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Afghanistan||(Rated B-class)|
|WikiProject Buddhism||(Rated B-class, Low-importance)|
Good source of information
When did Buddhism go extinct in Afghanistan?
This could possibly merge with Pre-Islamic Hindu and Buddhist heritage of Afghanistan. Is there a history of Buddhism in Afghanistan to the present day? If it survives there today perhaps that should be answered by an article like this. --Seekadet (talk) 23:56, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
no duplication seen
It would appear that a separate page for Buddhism as a major religion and its influence on the country of Afghanistan is entirely appropriate. The page Pre-Islamic Hindu and Buddhist heritage of Afghanistan holds no information that is duplicated on the page Buddhism in Afghanistan. The deletion of Buddhism in Afghanistan serves only to aggregate all non-Islamic religions and negate the influence of this religion on the development of the region. There would be no way to accurately assess the "survival" of the religion as several current day non-Islamic practitioners have been arrested and sentenced to death giving strong indication that any Buddhist practitioner would be imprudent to declare his or her practice. Earthlysojourner (talk) 03:35, 28 February 2011 (UTC)Earthlysojourner
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 5 external links on Buddhism in Afghanistan. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100830031416/http://www.aisk.org/aisk/NHDAHGTK05.php to http://www.aisk.org/aisk/NHDAHGTK05.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100317123355/http://www.cal.org:80/CO/afghan/ahist.html to http://www.cal.org/co/afghan/ahist.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100818151642/http://www.newsdaily.com:80/stories/tre67g1cn-us-afghanistan-buddhist-relics/ to http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre67g1cn-us-afghanistan-buddhist-relics/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060414021909/http://web.singnet.com.sg:80/%7Esidneys/afghanitan.htm to http://web.singnet.com.sg/~sidneys/afghanitan.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20051125160057/http://folk.uio.no:80/atleom/manuscripts.htm to http://folk.uio.no/atleom/manuscripts.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.