|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Buenaventura Durruti article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to multiple WikiProjects. Click [show] for further details.|
According to Anthony Beever, the sniper story really is a myth: "The cocking handle of a companion's machine pistol caught on a car door, firing ino his chest."radek 01:11, 17 May 2006 (UTC)
- This is almost certainly also a myth. The truth will, sadly, never be known.
Abel Paz' book has a complete overview of all the different theories, and that's his conclusion. Worth the read if you can stomach a lot of ideological cant... of a different (namely, old style anarchist) school than usual. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 16:04, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
If there are differing versions of Durruti's death then these should be presented as such without taking sides. The way the article is worded now one version is given as definitive, one version is presented as a "lie", and another version is presented as a "claim". This is an obvious POV problem and should be edited so that the article provides an objective presentation of differing accounts with the sources clearly given without prejudice for or against any version (unless, of course, further evidence can be brought to bear that clearly favors or disfavors one or more versions). --Durruti36 (talk) 20:36, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
It would be useful to add a section on this. Yes, we know he's an anarcho-syndicalist, but specifics would be very useful. Very few anarchists can have their views summed up simply by the general ideology. Zazaban (talk) 22:20, 5 August 2009 (UTC)
- Very few anarchists had to take up arms to defend themselves and their comrades while being shot at by fascists in 1936. Very many refer to this period, which remains poorly referenced. If you do not know the history of the Spanish Revolution, of the Spanish Civil War, you cannot begin to write the history of Durruti. Tothebarricades (talk) 00:25, 21 November 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Buenaventura Durruti. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20091031061950/http://www.espanafreetv.com:80/documents/film_directors.html to http://www.espanafreetv.com/documents/film_directors.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140707154626/http://recollectionbooks.com:80/bleed/Encyclopedia/Durruti.htm to http://recollectionbooks.com/bleed/Encyclopedia/Durruti.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131111174316/http://recollectionbooks.com:80/bleed/Encyclopedia/DurrutiColumnEarly.htm to http://recollectionbooks.com/bleed/Encyclopedia/DurrutiColumnEarly.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.