Talk:Burlington International Airport
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Burlington International Airport article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Aviation / Airports||(Rated C-class)|
|WikiProject United States / Vermont||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
Why is it called an "international" airport when all the destinations are within the United States? I couldn't find anything on the airport Web site explaining that.
I would guess that it means there are customs and immigration agents there for nonscheduled flights, probably mostly from Canada. If anyone knows that for a fact and can provide a citation, it would be a good addition. Pha telegrapher 21:16, 28 July 2007 (UTC)
- There's no word on the City of Burlington website regarding the International moniker, either. It probably just makes the airport sound more important.
- Burlington does have a customs unit on site, and it does accept a decent amount of general aviation traffic, particularly from Canada. I don't know if I can find a source regarding from where the customs traffic arrives, but I'll give it a look. Yayro (talk) 19:22, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
- The use of the word "International" is a very big deal for small airports. At the time it was so designated, believe me, there was a big hullaballo in the press with the DC pols all taking credit for it. Yes, there must be an onsite immigration and customs during the hours of operation. I suspect, as do some of you, that this is from non-scheduled passenger service from Canada and perhaps some shipping, as well. I found one site that "sort of" helped with this but Wikipedia wouldn't allow it. First time that's happened to me! Student7 (talk) 22:40, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
- There is a customs "Port of Entry" on site http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/vt/0207.xml Loudergood (talk) 16:42, 2 February 2008 (UTC)
Moving up from Start
I'd be nice to see the BTV article move up from Start-class. I made a few changes without going too crazy (I don't think):
- I changed the BTV website cite to www.btv.aero. This is the official domain name used by airport operations.
- I split information about the service area and passenger traffic into two separate headings outside the article introduction.
- Most folks outside of Vermont aren't going to recognize localities like Essex Junction and Winooski, so I changed references to localities served to the Burlington metro area.
- I think there's actually more Embraers than Canadairs flying through BTV these days. To keep it fluid, I just changed that cite to regional airliners. United flips between 737s and A320s on its Chicago route, and Northwest offers seasonal DC-9 service, so I left the references to larger jets and airlines that fly them a little loose, too.
- I don't think Burlington is the nation's second fastest growing airport anymore. If it is, could we get a cite?
Here are some things that would be nice to see:
- A history of BTV
- An expansion of services, including the FBO, customs, air traffic control, etc.
Airlines and destinations
I realize that this section isn't real robust yet and the schedule may never look like Manchesters (!), but take a look at Manchester_Airport#Terminal_1 where the schedule is folded up. IMO this makes it less invasive to the remainder of the article which focuses on local facilities. What do you think?Student7 (talk) 02:27, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
Incidents and accidents
- None of the entries are notable with regard to the guidelines and have been removed. MilborneOne (talk) 18:50, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Burlington International Airport. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100823015931/http://www.burlingtonintlairport.com/ to http://www.burlingtonintlairport.com/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120927084535/http://www.faa.gov/airports/planning_capacity/npias/reports/media/2011/npias_2011_appA.pdf to http://www.faa.gov/airports/planning_capacity/npias/reports/media/2011/npias_2011_appA.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.