From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Architecture (Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Architecture, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Architecture on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Start-Class article Start  This article has been rated as Start-Class on the project's quality scale.
 Mid  This article has been rated as Mid-importance on the project's importance scale.

WikiProject Missing articles is looking for an article on:Abamurus...the definition that I could find seems to say its a different word for Buttress: A buttress, or second wall, added to strengthen another.

According to: : Britton, John, F.S.A. A Dictionary of the Architecture and Archaeology of the Middle Ages. J. Le Keux, illus. London: Longman, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longmans, Paternoster Row; and the Author, Burton Street, 1838. 2.

Can someone double check me and add it maybe?Legotech (talk) 20:50, 6 January 2008 (UTC)

something similar to a buttress[edit]

What is the translation to the english language for this sort of arches between buildings in narrow alleys?

In Germany it is called Schwibbogen (schwibb arch) or Schwebebogen (float arch)(freestanding arch). I got the following answers but i think that these are not the corect translations for this arches.

A quick google suggest either candle arch, floating arch, or flying buttress. There is an interesting article about it here.
/ Mats Halldin (talk) 07:40, 13 February 2008 (UTC)

Many thanks from Ronaldo from the German Wikipedia.