|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the CBC Television article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Article needs a lot of work
- 2 Affiliate & Defunct Stations
- 3 political and cultural mandate policies?
- 4 CBC lacks ethnic diversity
- 5 Commercial advertising??
- 6 Logos
- 7 Image copyright problem with Image:CBC Logo 1992-Present.svg
- 8 It's so old...
- 9 CBC Television Programming
- 10 Updated CBC HD section
Article needs a lot of work
This article and the article for Télévision de Radio-Canada needs A LOT of work! Sure the article for Canadian Broadcasting Corporation is chalk full of info but the articles for the specifics on both televison networks despretly needs a lot of work done on them both! MusiMax 23:56, 14 January 2007 (UTC)
Affiliate & Defunct Stations
I think we should have an affiliate and defunct stations section. It would a little something to the article. Mr. C.C. 06:57, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
- Already have one - see List of CBC television stations. — stickguy (:^›)— home - talk - 20:41, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
political and cultural mandate policies?
Can we get some content on the CBC's policies for handling election coverage, as well as the cultural content it carries (ie: why British television and English accents are tolerated on CBC, while other cultures are not).--Yakym 05:04, 14 December 2006 (UTC)
- Other cultures are not tolerated on CBC television?? I'm not too sure what you're talking about, Yakym. Turn on the CBC and I can assure you that other cultural groups are, to use your poor choice of word, "tolerated", on CBC. Heck, there is even a hit show called, "Little Mosque on the Prairie". If that isn't tolerant, Yakym, I'm not too sure what is. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 17:42, 23 April 2008
CBC lacks ethnic diversity
There are only white news presenters on CBC. CBC should reflect the ethnic diversity of Canada by showing more minorities like asian anchormen on TV. CBC should change their racist hiring policy. Joel 02:04, 4 October 2007 (UTC)
- What's wrong with you people?? How is the CBC racist?? If you walk down the street, is everyone you see white? Does everyone speak english? I think the answer is a rather resounding NO. The ethnic diversity of Canada is reflected enough on our city streets, in our stores, on our radios, in our workplaces etc etc. A lack of visible minorities on CBC, which is totally incorrect anyway, is not racist. Damn, this country of mine is going downhill!!! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 17:42, 23 April 2008
I strongly suspect that Ian Hanomansing, Michaëlle Jean, Adrienne Clarkson, Ron Izawa, Céline Galipeau, Nahlah Ayed, Jaeny Baik, Nadira Begg, Mary Ito, Clifton Joseph, Suhana Meharchand, Karen Khunkhun, Jeannie Lee, Rassi Nashalik, Shanel Pratap, Natasha Ramsahai, Carla Robinson, Alex Ruiz, Sarika Sehgal, Amanda Singroy, David Suzuki, Der Hoi-Yin, Nerene Virgin and Azeb Wolde-Ghiorghis would have a thing or two to say about whether CBC's on-air news personalities are all white or not. Bearcat (talk)
Image copyright problem with Image:CBC Logo 1992-Present.svg
The image Image:CBC Logo 1992-Present.svg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
It's so old...
CBC Television Programming
I'm not a CBC Television viewer, however my wife watches Coronation street. As a result we watch the CBC evening news ( Ottawa ) What disturbs me are the Ads for the CBC shows. Dragons den and the Ron James show. I find even the ADs offensive and I don't like the idea that tax payers like myself are paying for such garbage. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 00:24, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
- This is not a forum for discussion or debate about the CBC, such as whether it should or shouldn't be running ads. It's for discussing issues with our article about the network, not for discussing personal opinions about the network. Bearcat (talk) 23:19, 12 December 2014 (UTC)
Updated CBC HD section
I updated the CBC HD section to show that all CBC Television stations are broadcasting in digital and in HD and that the stations that were not listed converted to digital on August 31, 2011 except for Yellowknife which converted to digital on August 1, 2012 according to the article for CFYK-DT....ckhalil22 20:08 24 August 2014