|WikiProject Scottish Islands||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
"It is the second largest stone circle on the British Isles, after Stonehenge." Hmmm. Even Stonehenge isn't the largest stone circle IN the British Isles... never heard of Avebury? SiGarb 23:10, 7 November 2005 (UTC)
- Are there entries for any of the associated stone circles? I can't find them, if they exist. If they do indeed exist, I have photographs of them all which I could add. Copyright is not an issue, as I took them myself. (I photograph sites of archeaological interest all over the Highlands & Islands). SiGarb's comment is also perfectly valid - Calanis isn't the second biggest circle in the UK. In addition to Avebury, there's Brodgar too. Calanis is, for my money, the most atmospheric and impressive stone circle in the UK, though. Lianachan 19:20, 12 December 2005 (UTC)
- Do you mean Callanish I, II, II etc? No, I don't think there are any such articles as yet. You could start them yourself, of course (or, if you don't have a lot of extra information about each one, you could always just add the photos to this article). I have pics of some of them, but they were taken rather long ago (mid 1970s), and the slides have suffered somewhat over the years. I'd love to see your ones, of Calanais (I agree with your estimation of the site as the most atmospheric in the UK) and any other sites. So, if you don't mind sharing them with the world at large, go for it! SiGarb 22:28, 12 December 2005 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Callanish. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070927203939/http://robinwilson.net/callanish/ to http://robinwilson.net/callanish/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.