Talk:Campbell Hill (Ohio)
|WikiProject United States / Ohio||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
Is there another "Campbell Hill" of note which may be included in Wikipedia at some point? If not, perhaps we should consider simply moving this page to Campbell Hill. If so, maybe Campbell Hill (Ohio) would suffice. I certainly see no reason to disambiguate this to Campbell Hill (Logan County, Ohio) as has been done in a previous edit. That's a bit ridiculous, and puts me in the mindframe of wondering if we will see Campbell Hill (City of Bellefontaine, Jefferson Township, Logan County, Ohio) at some point. -- SwissCelt 13:51, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
- Florida, Rhode Island, and Wisconsin all have "___ Hill" as their highest point, with no disambiguation at all. I don't know why we need to have "Ohio" in here. Nyttend 15:19, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
- If you check the GNIS, http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/ , you'll find there are three "Campbell Hill"s in Ohio, and 23 listed in the US (although the two in Wyoming seem to be the same one listed twice, for some reason). As for the disambiguation, <Name>, <Location> would be the name of a town, e.g. Campbell Hill, Illinois; for geographic features, it's <Name> (<Location>), with the location as specific as necessary. See Wikipedia:WikiProject Mountains#Naming conventions.
- —wwoods 15:30, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
- But are there articles on those hills? Nyttend 17:34, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
- Could just move to "Campbell Hill" and hope no other Campbell Hill warrants a future article (or disambig if that happens), or move to "Campbell Hill (Ohio)". As it is , "Campbell Hill, Ohio" looks like a standard wikipedia town/city name to me. Pfly 04:15, 22 May 2007 (UTC)
- Nobody is arguing for Campbell Hill, Ohio to continue to be the name of this article. I restored it to that only because I think it is necessary to gain consensus before we move this article, and I very much oppose moving it to Campbell Hill (Logan County, Ohio). We don't see articles at Springfield, Clark County, Ohio even though there are other places named Springfield in Ohio. Campbell Hill redirects to this article. It could just as easily redirect to Campbell Hill (Ohio), as it is and will be the primary topic for disambiguation for this title. -- SwissCelt 11:55, 22 May 2007 (UTC)
Proposed page move
After fruitful discussions with Wwoods, I propose that we move this page to Campbell Hill (Ohio). That's the extent of the proposal for now, as I reason that other articles concerning "other Campbell Hills" will be made in their own time, and we can revisit the disambiguation question later, if and when those articles are made. -- SwissCelt 18:24, 22 May 2007 (UTC)
- I think we needn't have the Ohio at all, but having it in parentheses is better than the way it is now. I support this move. Nyttend 19:04, 22 May 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Campbelloh.jpg
Image:Campbelloh.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
BetacommandBot 00:24, 26 July 2007 (UTC)