|WikiProject Writing systems||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
"Faggin Nazzi" writing system?
Is this for real? Or is it vandalism? See the red link in the "Usage" section of the article. Agent X 12:16, 26 August 2006 (UTC)
- It is real. See http://www.friul.net/dizionario_nazzi/norme_ortografiche.php if you read italian. rado 13:03, 26 August 2006 (UTC)
- And to remove any potential confusion, I wrote a stub about the Faggin-Nazzi system. rado 13:34, 26 August 2006 (UTC)
Capitalization of DŽ in Slovak
I have removed the statement that with DŽ in Slovak, capitalization of both D and Ž is preferable. Cf. , , it was incorrect. When it's freestanding, yes, but not when it is a part of a word. Can a native speaker give a definitive answer?
- No doubt only the first letter is capitalized. I am not sure how much "dž" is considered a letter of its own in Slovak, though in Czech it is not a part of the alphabet (the only "digraph letter" is CH, representing /x/). Nevertheless, even in CH only the C is capitalized. The same applies for Slovak, and digraphs in other languages such as English. I am a native speaker of Czech, not Slovak. Imploder (talk) 18:34, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
- I cannot see any difference in the shape of a (serif) apostrophe and a horn. Apart from that, a horn touches its base letter, whereas an apostrophe or a caron does not. — Emil J. (formerly EJ) 12:15, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
Pronunciation of Caron
Can anyone provide a pronunciation (in English) for caron?
I could not find the word on a free dictionary site. Or even in the online version of the Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary.
- As it's spelled, I'd assume. As Care + on, or IPA kɛɹɑn in American English or kɛəɒn in British English (much more speculative, since that's not my dialect.)--Prosfilaes (talk) 00:14, 3 April 2010 (UTC)
big character missing from grey box
I first thought it could not be produced by its own, but noticed that the "Diacritics" list below the grey box has it. Is it only forgotten to put there, or is there some other reason? 126.96.36.199 (talk) 10:52, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
- It is there. This is likely a problem of your browser. It might help to put a space or something before the character, but I can’t test it as I do not suffer from the original problem.—Emil J. 11:10, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
Use of Ǧ and Ǩ in Skolt Sami
There is no source for why the use of the characters are used inconsistently. I also doubt if it's true. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Littleowljrn (talk • contribs) 18:28, 30 March 2016 (UTC)