|Cassiopeia (constellation) has been listed as a level-4 vital article in Science. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as C-Class.|
|WikiProject Astronomy / Constellations||(Rated C-class, Top-importance)|
Should there be a link to "Cassiopeia A" from this page - there is a reverse link from that page, but I could not find this supernova remnant mentioned on this page?
- Yes. Said: Rursus 15:49, 4 May 2007 (UTC)
Cassiopeia = The Empress
Cassiopeia stands for the female "Hanged Man" and also the Seated Empress/goddess in the Valley/Throne/Chalice, who is more beautiful than the others. Of course this has been ridiculed by the patriarchy, just as so many other strong female arcehtypes.
Cassiopeia rules - and she was not vain but sure of her worth (which was considered a threat to the male ego!) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 08:35, 20 August 2008 (UTC) cassiopeia was very boastful. she thought that her daughter was more beautiful than the Neireds. but what she didn't know was that one of the Neireds were married to Poisiedon. When Andromeda was going to marry Perseus, perseus cut medusa's head off and turned everybody to stone at his wedding, including cassiopeia. Then poseidon put cassiopeia into the sky and her husband, daughter, and Perseus. But, to humiliate cassiopia, he made it to wear sometimes she was up side down. --184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:12, 29 January 2009 (UTC) Rachael.
Cassiopeia A is approximately 300 years old
- An IP had changed this to "300 million years", which is plainly wrong. "300 years" is approximately correct but only in the sense of disregarding the time light took to travel from it. I tried to clarify this. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 09:01, 7 July 2011 (UTC)
- I too do not see the necessity of this section - most of it appears to be non-notable. AstroLynx (talk) 12:51, 18 August 2016 (UTC)
Someone needs to change the formatting on the page
Orphaned references in Cassiopeia (constellation)
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of Cassiopeia (constellation)'s orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "an331_4_349":
- From Alpha Cygni variable: Hohle, M. M.; Neuhäuser, R.; Schutz, B. F. (April 2010), "Masses and luminosities of O- and B-type stars and red supergiants", Astronomische Nachrichten, 331 (4): 349, arXiv: , Bibcode:2010AN....331..349H, doi:10.1002/asna.200911355
- From AO Cassiopeiae: Hohle, M. M.; Neuhäuser, R.; Schutz, B. F. (April 2010), "Masses and luminosities of O- and B-type stars and red supergiants", Astronomische Nachrichten, 331 (4): 349, arXiv: , Bibcode:2010AN....331..349H, doi:10.1002/asna.200911355
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 15:52, 6 December 2016 (UTC)