Talk:Catherine Austin Fitts
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Thanks for directing to this page so I can address the 'blanking without discussion' issue and state my concerns about reversions.
1. I understand you changed "serves" to "served" on the board of 911truth.org. This constitutes selective posting of former board positions. An appropriate statement would be:
- Fitts is a former board and advisory board member of Sallie Mae, the University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School, Fannie Mae, Friends Select School and 911 Truth.
2. RE Links to Google Video and YouTube are often deleted because of copyright and licensing concerns.
- At the top of this page at the Solari Store  there is a link to "Navigate the Falling Dollar" on Google Video. The DVD is Fitts' product and she is linking to it from her store. There are no copyright concerns relative to this posting.
3. RE This statement: On her blog, Fitts implicates Jewish investors in her denunciation of the current economic system in the United States, specifically referring to "their ethnic affiliations and the DNA of greed." She has also used her blog to accuse Israel of "the ethnic cleansing of Palestine," and to support Cynthia McKinney in her 2006 Congressional campaign. In August of 2006, Fitt's wrote, "I sent my largest political donation in years," but the Federal Election Commission's current database does not indicate any reported donations from Fitts.
- A statement saying that Fitts implicates Jewish investors is not true. On the blog, Fitts links to hundreds of articles, one includes a reference that you quote without context. This presentation is misleading and false. My efforts to delete it have been overwritten. Why?
- A statement saying that Fitts has used her blog to accuse Israel of the ethnic cleansing of Palestine is not true. She posted a bulletin from KPFA radio related to Israel and Palestine. This presentation is misleading and false. My efforts to delete it have been overwritten. Why?
Look forward to discussion on these points.
Anastarr 23:31, 31 March 2007 (UTC)
Wafulz, since you ask for discussion on this matter to be here, I am commenting here, in support of undoing the lock and tidying up this article again. Right now it comes across very POV and one sided. If you look carefully you'll see that all the edits Anastarr was trying to 'revert' were the 'contributions' of EvilClown93. The thing being, that these contributions were all unfair, POV and not civil.
1. Firstly, Evilclown93 added two quotes to this page that are in fact not her quotes - that is what Anastarr was trying to revert away. One is from a recommended article linked by her blog in "Top Picks" and another is a bulletin sent out by Flashpoints - neither direct quotes from Ms Fitts. Furthermore both of these are short snippets taken out of their full context and not at all representative of Ms Fitts views. Someone may disagree with her linking to such things, but surely if you are only going to have a couple of quotes on a bio page they should be representative of the persons views. Yes, I have read lots of her stuff and having read much of her stuff, there is nothing Anti-Semitic about it. To include only two quotes, both anti-semetic, and neither actually said by her is not only incorrect in fact, it is grossly un-representative and misinformative, as well as unfair and nasty. Yes, it is true that a fair amount of her stuff is 'anti' the current banking system, and yes she does affiliate with folks that are pro-Palestinian - maybe that is where someone like EvilClown93 gets this incorrect idea about her. But to equate 'anti-banking-system' with 'anti-semetism' is in fact to make the same mistake that it critcises. As a former 'banker' herself her critique is far to informed and complex to resort to that level of bigotry. Whether you agree or disagree with her views, is of course, is irrelevant. I submit that the last paragraph -added by EvilClown93 - should be removed completely - because it is actually a POV attack masquerading as fact, and because it is incorrect in fact, and finally because it is not even an informative or representative contribution to understanding who or what "Catherine Austin Fitts" is about. If folks insist on revising the pargaraphs as they are to remove inaccuracies but retain the gist, then the whole page should be significantly updated to balance the incorrect emphasis.
2. Secondly, Evilclown93 added the statement that she 'is on the board of 911Truth' - which agaoin is not true in fact, as she is not (currently) a member. You correctly changed this to the past tense - but if we are going to include former affiliations I think they should be representative sampling, don't you? Wafulz, you said, "there's no need for a cumbersome list [of her previous affiliations]" - fair enough I guess, but a representative sample should include significant postings, important contributions or places she spent a lot of time at. I think the sentence proposed above by Anastarr seem's like a short - and most importantly - representative sample of groups she has previously been affiliated with, and includes the 911Truth one.
3. Thirdly, regarding the video link - if wikipedia has a policy of not linking direct to video.google, well fair enough, but if Evilclown93 wanted to 'fix' the Video.Google link then it would be sensible to change to a link to the video at the definitive source. And perhaps EvilClown93 didn't know about that source, so that's fair enough - but we now knwo that the definitive location for this video (if any) is the solari site, where it was originally published and which is the most likely to stay up long term. ConspiracyPlanet has been known to remove content without notice - as is their right - so much better to link to Solari.com. If the concern is free access to the video, then they can get this at the video.google link which is provided prominently at the top of the solari.com page, or could be provided here as well as an alternative.
I look forward to the block being removed so this very unfair slander attempt on Ms Fitt's page can be fixed up - in keeping with WP:CIVIL guidelines. I also look forward to your reply and any other person's reply on these points. Thanks
Utunga 23:00, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
I was only reverting stuff that I felt was vandalism; I wasn't adding any content at all. The page had been vandalised and I felt a version was needed before the warring started. Utunga's comments are completely out of context, and I demand I am not implicated in this mess anymore. I was simply reverting, and I have three points stated against me that imply I have anything but a possibly mistaken reversion to do with the article. The Evil Clown my contributions 01:24, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
EvilClown93 I owe you an apology. Wafulz correctly points out that it was User:HKT not you that created these edits that I was taking exception to. I hereby apologize to you.
Wafulz thank you very much - my confidence in Wikipedia is much restored by your actions. I look forward to further clarifications here. And, no, for any that is curious I don't happen to work for Ms Fitts or her organisation or anything, I'm just an interested bystander who happens to know of her work. Thanks
Utunga 07:58, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
Paragraph moved here
I've moved the following paragraph(s) here because of what's mentioned above, and because of our biographies of living persons policy:
She served on the board of 911Truth.org.
On her blog, Fitts implicates Jewish investors in her denunciation of the current economic system in the United States, specifically referring to "their ethnic affiliations and the DNA of greed." She has also used her blog to accuse Israel of "the ethnic cleansing of Palestine," and to support Cynthia McKinney in her 2006 Congressional campaign. In August of 2006, Fitt's wrote, "I sent my largest political donation in years," but the Federal Election Commission's current database does not indicate any reported donations from Fitts.
Now, please understand that this is only a temporary move per WP:BLP- I am in no way endorsing an opinion here. What I need to know is what could have been the motivation behind the addition of this paragraph- if attention has been given to this before (in the media or other press), then it might merit a spot in the article. If it's simply and entirely being quoted out of context, then it might be simple political spin.
Also, Anastarr: are you Ms. Fitts? I'm curious because of the information on Image:CatherineSJ103rec140.jpg- you uploaded it saying that the owner was Ms. Fitts, but you applied the tag that says you are the creator of the work, which kind of implies that you are really her.
No, I am not Ms. Fitts. I maintain web and files for her and uploaded the photo. Anastarr 02:47, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
I made a couple changes this morning to External Links. I added Ms. Fitts' Navigate the Falling Dollar DVD, refered to in previous Talk; and changed Articles by Catherine Austin Fitts at Conspiracy Planet to Articles......on Scoop Media. Scoop houses a complete list of articles in her column; Conspiracy Planet only has a few articles. Anastarr 15:16, 3 April 2007 (UTC)
Removal of notability tag
I removed the notability tag by user Capitalismojo (talk) today, as I stumbled on an article mentioning her and was interested in looking up who this lady was and represented. El Capitalo left this request on my user page: "Hi, I read your note removing the tag. I too stumbled upon her article. Notability concerns remain, however. Please add references if you believe she is indeed notable and you can find reliable sources. Capitalismojo (talk) 12:26, 6 August 2009 (UTC)"
I understand your concerns. Here ist the link that made me look her up. Really - mathaba.net can hardly be considered a 100% serious news source, just take a look. But a number of people do use it as a source, and so do I, with a critical eye ... Thus, I think, mathaba.net mentioning Fitts makes her notable enough to justify making infos on her available in WP. In this case, the statement with which she was quoted sounded so ... XL wacko that I had to check back what kind of person she was (btw, I reserve any judgement). Everybody should be able to do so.
Sadly it's not only serious folk and serious media who are playing a role in the public, but also the fringe. I think it should be part of an encyclopedia's task to make also that part of human existence visible and transparent to anyone doing research on it. My argument rests on that and on the formal fact of mathaba.net (some Stephen Lendman guy) referring to her in a badly written and highly dubious article.
I just checked the edit page to raise a similar concern over if this entry is notable as it looks more suitable for a linkedin profile. I thought the entry may be notable if she was a politican or academic in Pennsylvania as she's found via the Quality of Life Entry for the Popsicle Scale. Being qualified in Sociology or Demography was my first thought, and now I'm not sure how widely accepted or empirical the Popsicle test is or the amount of studies data have been acquired. I hope there is more references available, as this can mean we may fall under the importance of the Geography Portal (which covers demographics) or at least Sociology. If she's only been notable for the involvement in the Vaccine Exemption article elsewhere there may be a relevant alternative portal if not there is always the Skepticism Portal.
Just to state Notability Guidelines for others reading: "No subject is automatically or inherently notable merely because it exists: The evidence must show the topic has gained significant independent coverage or recognition, and that this was not a mere short-term interest, nor a result of promotional activity or indiscriminate publicity, nor is the topic unsuitable for any other reason. Sources of evidence include recognized peer reviewed publications, credible and authoritative books, reputable media sources, and other reliable sources generally."
I read the list on what is meant by 'unsuitable by any other reason' and it neither looks like its actively promotational. Articles that are tend to look more like adverts, while this isn't quite a resume it does lack a 'why care?' aspect, I think this will require someone more familiar with the Popsicle test if its' been used in Demographical surveys or similar setting, but may be more to do with Business and motivational speaking they [Fitts] gives to Entrepenhauers and business students and that could be expressed more clearly. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 05:07, 24 November 2014 (UTC)