|A fact from Cellardyke appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 8 April 2006. The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
Presumably there's a specific Bird flu in Scotland type page somewhere, anyone know where it is?. Shame to lump it all on poor wee Cellardyke... more info on the town would be nice if anyone has any or has time to do the legwork Deizio 15:24, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Not aware of such a page. It may become necessary if this topic grows. --Mais oui! 15:30, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Cellardyke didn't have an article till yesterday
- The bird flu info shouldn't grow above what it's at how - it's about bird flu in this one village only
- A Scotland wide (or rather UK wide) article isn't required simply because we're talking about one case. T/wangi 16:01, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- My essay at WP:CHILL covers this, when an event is announced on the national news, ("Bird flu has arrived in Scotland" was the headline tonight), that's notability. Whether "one case" or many is neither here nor there, nor is the recency of Cellardyke's creation. Deizio 20:11, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- If you think there's too much about bird flu in this article then edit it, if you think there's not enough about the village itself then add it. We're an article up here, an article which, given time, will expand above what it is. I'm not sure at all what point you're trying to make but I think you're the one needing to chill ;) t/wangi 20:28, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- And if you want to write an article on bird flu in the UK then start off reading H5N1, Global spread of H5N1 and H5N1 impact. Thanks/wangi 20:34, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
As you'll note I've expanded the article, I think it contains about as much on bird flu is likely to be relevant already, but nothing needs to be removed. And thanks for the links to bird flu, I've already been there. There will no doubt be a wider page on bird flu in Scotland / UK if there isnt one already, although i'll leave it to someone more knowledgeable about the scientific side of things. Deizio 21:32, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Good work, thanks/wangi 21:39, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- My pleasure. I have to say I'm not sure why the heading to my above comment was removed? Changing other users posts on talk pages isn't the done thing, unless there's some kind of attack or obvious mistake. Deizio 22:05, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Maybe because the title (Whoa) means absolutely nothing? And in fact this is the same discussion as the previous section? I made absolutely no change in the content of what you said. T/wangi 08:12, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
- So what? You should not alter other edits posts on talk pages. The heading was relevant to your previous comment, and the fact that the discussion is on the same topic is, imo, unimportant. You should at the very very least have added the title of the heading to the start of the accompanying post as part of your "tidying" efforts, as not doing so has indeed affected the content of what I said. Please don't remove parts of my talk-page posts in future without contacting me for permission first, thanks. Now let's get back to building an encyclopedia. Deizio 11:37, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
- I might have been joking before, but you really do need to chill out a good bit!
- It's common practice to tidy up talk pages, and this isn't a problem where the content itself is left intact, which is exactly what I done/wangi 12:35, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
- Dude, I'm chilled, I've just been coming across any number of people who aren't already this morning, I appreciate your efforts were in good faith. Again, when "tidying" you should have at least put the "whoa" at the start of the comment that came after it if you didn't like it as a heading, as your opinion above ("Maybe because the title (Whoa) means absolutely nothing?") differed from mine.
- Good photos by the way, I've been relying on Geograph for most of my East Lothian photos as I'm far from home. Deizio 13:08, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
In other news...
I've listed Cellardyke as a potential "Did you know?" article, so fingers crossed we'll see this on the front page in the next few days. Deizio 13:08, 7 April 2006 (UTC)
I think we need to be consious of the overlap in the Cellardyke, Kilrenny and Anstruther articles. Of course the online confusion could be said to model the real-life one! Thanks/wangi 13:50, 7 April 2006 (UTC)