Talk:Central Council of Muslims in Germany
|WikiProject Islam||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Germany||(Rated Stub-class, Mid-importance)|
Move to Central Council of Muslims in Germany.
Recently my move to Central Counsil of Muslims in Germany, waqs reverted by someone who thinks I'm fighting some anti-german crusade. Let me remind you all that this is the English, not German, wikipedia. The title is perfectly translatable in fact other wikipedias with this article also translate the title:
- Consiglio centrale dei musulmani in Germania
- Conseil central des musulmans d'Allemagne
So why keep the German title?Rex 10:15, 24 December 2006 (UTC)
- No reply yet?Rex 17:10, 26 December 2006 (UTC)
- Oppose as only the use of the proper original names of the various organisations makes sure that nothing is Lost in translation. For example, there are terms used like Islamrat and Islamisches Konzil, which both translate to Islam(ic) Council. Besides, the original name is used also in English, with or without an additional translation, see links for examples.-- Matthead discuß! O 03:34, 28 December 2006 (UTC)
How about renaming Al-Qaeda to some proper English name first? It seems you have been patient with this not-so-English name for over 5 years, how come your are so hasty removing a name given in German? Maybe because you are busy "cleansing this wiki of german nationalists"? Also please provide proper(!) translations of all other organisations mentioned in the article without messing up the meaning or affiliations etc. The French and Italian articles might have chosen a translation for the article title, but then have to list the original names of all other organisations, as it makes few sense if any to try translating them also. -- Matthead discuß! O 20:25, 26 December 2006 (UTC)
- This is a ridiculous comparison. Every other wikipedia linked here translates the title, and the title is perfectly translatable. This is the English wikipedia and it should use English terms as much as possible.
- Also, if you post one more comment on a talkpage with libel concerning my arbcom case I will go to the admins a second time and I'm sure you won't get of with a warning again. Stop it.Rex 10:59, 27 December 2006 (UTC)
it doesn't matter what the other wikis are doing, because they may have other style guidelines. The applicable policy is Wikipedia:Naming_conventions#Organizations_.28such_as_political_parties.29, which refers to Wikipedia:Naming conventions (use English). The question thus boils down to, is the translation commonly used in English language sources, or do notable English language sources leave the name untranslated. Google finds 137 hits for the untranslated term in English contexts, while the translated name gives 672 hits. The translation is used by zentralrat.de itself, so that I would conclude that the move is arguable. Rex, you are known for crusading to have German terms removed from en-wiki. I would recommend you present your case matter-of-factly, presenting the applicable policies and rough google counts, as I just did. I might then support your move requests in some cases, e.g. the present one. dab (𒁳) 16:27, 27 December 2006 (UTC)
- I detest the term crusading. It is admin unworthy. This is a clear cut case of an unneccesary German name, and since when is google a valid source?Rex 17:07, 27 December 2006 (UTC)
- I would also agree that this should be moved, as per evidence that: 1) "Central Council of Muslims in Germany" is the more common term in English; and 2) the organization itself uses "Central Council of Muslims in Germany" in its English-language material. --Delirium 06:50, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
Zentralrat or CentralCouncil Disambiguation page needed
Zentralrat (German: Central Council) is the name of several organisations:
- Zentralrat Deutscher Sinti und Roma
- Zentralrat der Muslime in Deutschland
- Zentralrat der Juden in Deutschland
- Zentralrat der Ex-Muslime — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 18:39, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
Central Counsicl disambiguation
other central councils:
- Central Council of Probation and After-Care Committees
- Central Council for Education and Training in Social Work
- The Central Council of Dada for the World Revolution
- Central Council of Afghan Trade Unions
- Central Council of Trade Unions
- Central Council of Indian Medicine
- Central Council of Physical Recreation
- Latvian Central Council
- Central Council of Homoeopathy
- Palestinian Central Council
- Central Council of Ukraine
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Central Council of Muslims in Germany. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061230082555/http://www.religionfacts.com:80/islam/places/germany.htm to http://www.religionfacts.com/islam/places/germany.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.