|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the CenturyLink article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I have removed this sentence that is unsourced, doubtful and harmful, according to WP:NOCITE policy. Probably should be removed altogether as it does not seem relevant...
Since the merger, many customers have called in and reported service malfunctions in their area, only to be told that it was either on the consumer's end, too many people on one node, or some other excuse. Customer service representatives have also been reported as falling asleep on the phone while assisting them with their issues. In a nutshell, when calling CenturyLink customer service, you'd most likely find prompter service in a brothel.
The above sentiment is consistent with my own experience with CenturyLink customer service. I've spent hours on the phone with representatives who barely understand English in order to resolve problems caused by CenturyLink. - J — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 04:08, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
I also have spent a great deal of time on the phone with there customer frustration department only to get the oposite of what I asked for. Also while dealing with them on the phone and the call does drop I've never receive a call back. It's also fun to enter the call back number through the automated service and then be asked the same question when talking to a live person. This gets even better if you have to call them three times a day. My hope is that they hire someone from Apple to explain what customer service even means. - Kelly W. Feb 2, 2012.--184.108.40.206 (talk) 19:34, 3 February 2012 (UTC)
Proposed merge with CenturyLink India
CenturyLink India is a subsidiary of CenturyLink specializing in software development having a legal presence in India. Its existing is in similar lines to Microsoft India and Microsoft. So its a separate entity and has its own page on Wikipedia.
Quick question regarding citations
Hi there! I'm a bit new here, and I had a quick question. I updated the list of sponsorships with info from CenturyLink's sponsorships page but I'm not quite sure where I place the citation-at the top of the list, the bottom item, or what. Can someone help me out? Hobbes Novakoff (talk) 16:15, 26 April 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Hobbes Novakoff, thanks for updating the list. The Manual of style section on section headings discourages putting citations in section headings, so we should probably change it from how it is now...I suppose the best way would be to reuse the reference and put it after each entry. Howicus (Did I mess up?) 16:24, 26 April 2016 (UTC)
- Okay. I did put it at the bottom of the list. I'll go back and add it to each item. Hobbes Novakoff (talk) 16:25, 26 April 2016 (UTC)
- Heh. Next time I won't be as reckless-Probably should have read that link before pasting that citation. Well, it's fixed now. Thanks! Hobbes Novakoff (talk) 16:32, 26 April 2016 (UTC)
[Qwest is now part of CenturyLink]
CenturyLink is facing a flurry of class-action lawsuits filed on behalf of investors who purchased stock in the company between Aug. 8, 2012, and Feb. 14, 2013.
CenturyLink told to modify comparative Internet speed advertising claims
CenturyLink warned by regulators over long hold times and missed appointments
- December 13, 2015: http://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-forest/index.ssf/2015/12/centurylink_pushing_cable_tv_a.html [LOCAL ONLY]
Cox Communications is accusing phone company CenturyLink of false advertising
- Centurylink is opposed to net Neutrality and regulation
CenturyLink Hikes Sneaky 'Internet Cost Recovery' Fee CenturyLink Pulls A Comcast, Plans To Test Metered Billing February 15, 2016: http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/269038/centurylink-pulls-a-comcast-plans-to-test-metered.html
- Hmmm... Most of those seem relatively important, but first off, those last two seem very, very biased against Centurylink, and if you are going to update the article make sure you adhere to WP:NPOV. You seem to have an axe to grind about CenturyLink (Which is fine, it's an American tradition to loath your ISP) but make sure you describe both sides of the argument. Let people come to their own conclusions and don't nudge them to a certain viewpoint. Personally, I have 1Gbps FTTH service from CenturyLink, and aside from needing to break the longstanding habit of power cycling my modem, I couldn't be happier with their speeds and service. Hobbes Novakoff (talk) 15:44, 27 April 2016 (UTC)
Proposed criticism section
- Similar to Comcast#Criticism_and_controversy
- Okay. I suppose if Comcast has a criticism section, it's only fair for Centurylink to have one too. However, make sure to adhere to WP:NPOV when writing it, and don't overload the article with every single controversy. For instance, the pattern of 911 outages seems notable (However, make sure to not draw conclusions as per WP:NOR, just state the facts) but I don't think you need to mention every single outage. Hobbes Novakoff (talk) 16:48, 2 May 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on CenturyLink. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140210041248/http://news.centurylink.com/index.php?s=43&item=3055 to http://news.centurylink.com/index.php?s=43&item=3055
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140304195757/http://www.centurylinktechnology.com:80/data-centers/north-america to http://www.centurylinktechnology.com/data-centers/north-america/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.