Talk:CenturyLink Center Omaha
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
The article should have more details about the arena, like description, seating, and location. It should also have more about its history as well as other arenas in the area, with links to them. Specific events that happen(ed) there would be good. I'll get working on it tomorrow. D'Agosta 07:12, August 12, 2005 (UTC)
Over and over and over, Omaha taxpayers were assured by the center's promoters that there would be NO increase in property taxes (villianously high already) to pay for the costs of building and operating the center. A consortium of local elites and wealthy who would benefit financially from the center consistently lied to the masses. So, how will the center be paid for..... yep, looks like the property taxes will be going UP!!!!!Same old song and dance.188.8.131.52 17:24, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
I have never heard the Qwest Center being called "The Q". Has anyone else?? Shawn W 21:21, 12 April 2007 (UTC)
Too much "fluff"?
I don't want to step on the regular contributors' toes here, so I'm just jotting some comments here, as an unbiased observer who happened across the article, that IMHO would streamline and improve the content here:
- EVENTS: truly notable events, like the NCAA regionals is one thing, but all the concerts and clowns (circus) too? Sounds like a lot of work for regularly updated unencyclopedic content that's readily available at the provided (and quite obvious, as they are currently listed) external links.
- ATTENDANCE RECORDS: I think one record per major event type is enough for an arena article. The top basketball attendance is listed under trivia, so the whole "top 10" table is either not notable enough or duplicate info. No one is really going to care what the 8th largest Bluejay's men's basketball crowd was.
- TENANTS: they're listed in the infobox, they don't need to be duplicated in the article body itself as a separate section. The wrestling tourney could be considered a 'notable event' (see first item) and should be included with them instead of as a 'tenant', because that's what it is, an event.
vmz 12:32, 30 May 2007 (UTC)
I think that we need to keep an eye on the Notable Musical Performances as that list can be endless Shawn W 23:58, 16 June 2007 (UTC)
Notable Musical Performances
????????????? Why are we continuing to put information under this header?? There are 29 performances now. Why do we need this?? In my opinion, NOTABLE is sell-out crowds, encore performances (like Tim and Faith), multiple performances by same artists (Manheim Steamroller).
Does anyone agree?
Shawn W 20:01, 16 August 2007 (UTC)
- Agreed. Following are the formerly listed performances. If there is no citation, the performance should not be listed in the article. – Freechild (¡!¡!¡!¡) 06:14, 21 August 2007 (UTC)
- Christina Aguilera
- Bon Jovi
- Kenny Chesney
- Eric Clapton
- Green Day
- Billy Joel
- John Mayer
- Paul McCartney
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
- Rod Stewart
- The Rolling Stones
- Bob Seger
- Justin Timberlake
- Roger Waters
- The Who
- Neil Diamond
- Britney Spears
- Dave Matthews Band
- Fleetwood Mac
- The Eagles
- Mannheim Steamroller
- The Dixie Chicks
- Shania Twain
- Kid Rock —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Freechild (talk • contribs) 06:14, August 21, 2007 (UTC).
Is this part really necessary? This is not really documented nicknames.
- Other names for the facility are "The Qwest", "The Riverfront Centre", "The Omaha Convention Center & Arena" or "The CLink"
Blacklisted Links Found on the Main Page
Cyberbot II has detected that page contains external links that have either been globally or locally blacklisted. Links tend to be blacklisted because they have a history of being spammed, or are highly innappropriate for Wikipedia. This, however, doesn't necessarily mean it's spam, or not a good link. If the link is a good link, you may wish to request whitelisting by going to the request page for whitelisting. If you feel the link being caught by the blacklist is a false positive, or no longer needed on the blacklist, you may request the regex be removed or altered at the blacklist request page. If the link is blacklisted globally and you feel the above applies you may request to whitelist it using the before mentioned request page, or request it's removal, or alteration, at the request page on meta. When requesting whitelisting, be sure to supply the link to be whitelisted and wrap the link in nowiki tags. The whitelisting process can take its time so once a request has been filled out, you may set the invisible parameter on the tag to true. Please be aware that the bot will replace removed tags, and will remove misplaced tags regularly.
Below is a list of links that were found on the main page:
- Triggered by
\bticketmaster\.com\bon the local blacklist
- Triggered by
If you would like me to provide more information on the talk page, contact User:Cyberpower678 and ask him to program me with more info.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on CenturyLink Center Omaha. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150219160901/http://www.unomaha.edu:80/athletics/arena.php to http://www.unomaha.edu/athletics/arena.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120126204237/http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1000&ATCLID=1147632 to http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1000&ATCLID=1147632
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.