|WikiProject Biography||(Rated Stub-class)|
No Source and references
This article has multiple issues. The article needs expansion but I did not include a tag. There is no source or references listed. This is a serious problem exacerbated by the fact that information used, but listed in the external links section, is in fact a reference. This is against WP:Policies and guidelines and subjects the article to an original research tag, notability issues (tag placed) or a request for an AFD. Find a Grave as a source or reference fails;
- 1)-WP:SOURCES; Articles should be based on reliable, third-party, published sources with a reputation for fact-checking and accuracy.
- 2)- WP:NOTRELIABLE; Questionable sources are those with a poor reputation for checking the facts, or with no editorial oversight.
- 3)- WP:SELFPUBLISH; Find a Grave is user edited and uses anonymous or pseudonymous editors.
- 4)- WP:SPS; This includes any website whose content is largely user-generated, including the Internet Movie Database, Cracked.com, CBDB.com, and so forth, with the exception of material on such sites that is labeled as originating from credentialed members of the sites' editorial staff, rather than users. Find a Grave is not currently specifically named as is IMBd but falls under "and so forth". Rational dictates that Find a Grave, while not listed by name in WP:SPS, certainly falls under the criteria.
- For rationale and consensus (aside from the policies and guidelines listed) please read WP:Find-A-Grave famous people#When creating articles which states, Remember that all articles must satisfy Wikipedia core policies of notability (WP:NOTABILITY), verifiability (WP:VERIFIABILITY) and reliable sources (WP:RELIABLE SOURCES). Find-A-Grave is not considered a reliable source., and further, For any articles you create because of this project, you can add the entry's Find-A-Grave link to the External links sections of the article.. While this deals with articles being created it also certainly applies to any articles already created. Otr500 (talk) 07:36, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
Whatever the other issues, Vanel is one of the more prominent French actors of his time and known in the English-speaking world for House of Mystery, Les Miserables, Diabolique, To Catch a Thief and The Wages of Fear (all on video in the US and/or UK), his notability is not in question.Mgmax~enwiki (talk) 23:51, 3 August 2015 (UTC)