Talk:Chickens as pets
The content in this article is either duplicated the relevant section of the Chicken article or overlaps with content that is already in Chicken coop, Animal fancy, and American Poultry Association. In fact, the content in the main chicken article is much more neutral, comprehensive, and well-cited. There is no reason to have this separate article. The original author is saying he was "given the okay" a year ago, but since then no new content that is not duplicative has been added. Steven Walling 22:07, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
- I asked if i could create the article on the Chicken article and they said yes. I dont know why new content needs to be added in order to keep the article, i removed most of the main article stuff to put it in here. 1 Portillo (talk) 01:08, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
- It's not a question of permission. It's that we shouldn't have an article if the topic in it is already covered in other articles. Everything that is described here is talked about in the main chicken article already, and things like housing are covered in the chicken coop article. There's no reason for this to exist. Steven Walling 03:51, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
- The section "Chickens as pets" fitted just fine in the article. Only recently did you remove half of it and put it here. Other than what you just took from the main article, which fits just fine there, there's nothing in this article that isn't a good fit inside other pages. Steven Walling 16:26, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
- I do think that this should remain split as its own article. This information should really be branched off from the chicken article since it has enough content to be on its own and the topic does not really belong as a giant section in the main chicken article. Jeanpetr (talk) 14:15, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
- Well, then I'm going to get more of the good information from the main article to bring here and start removing the duplicate content that belongs in other articles (like chicken coop). Portillo, I think it's important to remember that Wikipedia is not a how-to guide. It should describe the essential facts about the relatively rare phenomenon of chickens as pets, not list everything you'd need to know about how to do so. Steven Walling 19:08, 30 October 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Chickens as pets. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090730222405/http://www.henkeeping.co.uk/which.html to http://www.henkeeping.co.uk/which.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.