- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: Moved. There's consensus for move. There is no undisputable primary topic therefore it is better for the reader to end up on disambiguation page first. Pageviews due fluctuate for many reasons one of which is media outburst. It is noteworthy that pageviews generally indicate what readers found, not what they were searching for. So, where there's dispute about primary topic then disambiguation is the best neutral solution and gives room for reader to easily acces what they are really searching for. (non-admin closure) –Ammarpad (talk) 10:20, 7 February 2018 (UTC)
Children of a Lesser God (disambiguation) → Children of a Lesser God
– film based on play now gets less than half of page views. In ictu oculi (talk) 01:25, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support - the title could refer to any of those pages, and directing people to the right article is key. Paintspot Infez (talk) 18:45, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
- Support: Agree to what was said above. Accireioj (talk) 4:35, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose. Page views from the last 90 days show the movie with 81.6% of the page views. The page views took a hit the day the article was moved to Children of a Lesser God (film) in January, showing that the film is what most readers are looking for. This would seem to be the WP:PRIMARYTOPIC.--Cúchullain t/c 23:15, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support A revival of the original play is opening on Broadway with previews starting next month. This is bound to drive interest in the current play as opposed to the old film, and I think it best that readers end up at the disambiguation page first. Cullen328 Let's discuss it 23:55, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.