Talk:China's Famous Teas
|This page was nominated for deletion on 9 September 2014 (UTC). The result of the discussion was merge to List of Chinese teas.|
|This page was proposed for deletion by an editor in the past.|
|WikiProject China||(Rated Redirect-class)|
Unfortunately I can't get to directly check that this is the official list of the Chinese Tea Culture Research Centre, if anyone can, please do so. --Iateasquirrel 09:45, 13 July 2005 (UTC) There seems to be great disagreement on which teas make the Famous List and I am beginning to wonder whether there is, or ever was, a definitive list. On a specific note, I've seen references to Puer tea originating in the 1950s or later, so it would be one of the youngest of the Chinese teas. I will try to find sourcing on the topic. (js) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 07:17, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
- It seems that a Chinese person made this article. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 22:08, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
I took down the issue template, because all of its concerns appear to have been answered or are irrelevant.
- No references There is a reference.
- Peacock terms These are called the Ten Famous Teas of China. That is their name.
- Needs copy-editing The article is well-organized and has good spelling and grammar.
The Chinese and pinyin columns in the compilation table do not exactly correspond. Sometimes the Chinese column includes a place name as a prefix, and sometimes "tea" as a suffix. Should these be harmonized? 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:39, 5 April 2012 (UTC)
- My Chinese language skills are not strong: I used information from the linked articles. jmcw (talk) 20:34, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
Chinese sister page(some differences?)
 Some are not the same?
Several external sites have been removed: I have found some of them useful.
This was from the Agriculture Department of China in 1959:
1. West Lake Dragonwell 西湖龍井 2. Dongting Green Spiral 洞庭碧螺春 3. Yellow mountain Tip黃山毛峰 4. Lu Mountain Yunwu 廬山雲霧 5. Liuan Leaf 六安瓜片 6. Jun Mountain Silver Needle君山銀針 7. Xinyang Mao Jian 信陽毛尖 8. Wuyi Rock Tea武夷岩茶 9. Iron Goddess鐵觀音 10. Keemun Black Tea祁門紅茶