From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Chorbishop in the Melkite Church?[edit]

I've never heard the title chorbishop used in modern times in the Melkite Catholic Church. Can anyone provide a direct cite from Melkite literature?

An archimandrite or mitered archpriest in the Melkite tradition corresponds more or less to the position of monsignor. Majoreditor 03:13, 22 March 2007 (UTC)

How real is this word as an English usage? It's an ugly coinage, and I'm not sure that Wikipedia ought to be encouraging it. What other terms are used to translate chorepiscopus? Deipnosophista 07:27, 31 October 2007 (UTC)

It's the only term I've seen in English, aside from corepiskopa/coorepiscopa which appears from time to time in Indian Syrian contexts. InfernoXV 07:32, 31 October 2007 (UTC)