Talk:Chris Evans (actor)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Chris Evans (actor) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Strange line
- 2 born in Sudbury?
- 3 Born in Boston?
- 4 sex symbol?
- 5 not really italian?
- 6 Jessica Biel relationship?
- 7 Not Another Teen Movie Reference
- 8 His brother's sexuality
- 9 Forbes' Star Currency
- 10 Article seems to be a vandalism target
- 11 Frequent work with Scarlett Johannson
- 12 Rotten Tomatoes
- 13 Boston or Sudbury
- 14 Assessment comment
- 15 External links modified
"Evans grew up the son of a dentist and a dancer."
This line is quoted in every single article about Chris Evans, without exception. His father is indeed a dentist, and his mother was once employed as a dancer, but anyone who knows the family enjoys laughing at this oft-repeated line. Chris' mother has been many things - including an extremely devoted matriarch and the former executive director of an important youth theater company - but this simplistic, alliterative phrase is rather absurd, like saying the child of a war veteran, born years after the conflict, grew up "the son of a soldier".
- However, without sources to corroborate anything different than that, that line needs to remain that way. --Vizcarra 02:06, 11 February 2006 (UTC)
born in Sudbury?
"Evans was born in Sudbury, Massachusetts."
Sudbury has no hospital. The neighboring towns of Concord, Framingham and Marlborough all have hospitals. This should be corrected. Unless, of course, circumstances caused his birth to occur in Sudbury.
Born in Boston?
"Chris Evans is more recently gaining notoriety as a sex symbol, he was voted "third Hottest Body of the Year" on Gay.com."
So Evans is considered a sex symbol because he was voted as being hot on a gay website? Perhaps if he were gay, I could see the relevance.
The tone of this comment seems slightly homophobic, in that he apparently has to be gay himself before gay fan interest matters? It's a poorly constructed critique if anything. Nonetheless, being voted something by a gay website does seem like a piece of trivia more so than vital information, unless there were a string of further examples maybe. --18.104.22.168 19:19, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
not really italian?
he came in Italy to promote "F4 II" and he never said he's part italian... very often italian american actors say it, for a lot of good reasons, so imho it's better controlling the sources where it's written he's half italian... .--22.214.171.124 19:19, 11 June 2007 (UTC)
- Ich bin ein Italiener? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 06:06, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
- Sources for him being both Irish and Italian. How hard is that to believe?
Jessica Biel relationship?
Chris Evans and Jessica Biel dated from 2001 to 2006 and not 2004 to 2006 like most websites are reporting. People.com which is the most reliable celebrity source is the only one to be correct. http://www.people.com/people/jessica_biel/biography/ A little research and you can find pictures of them from 2001. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Saraz89 (talk • contribs) 21:07, 17 June 2015 (UTC)
Not Another Teen Movie Reference
"The film contained a somewhat notorious spoof of the Varsity Blues movie, where (to attract the attention of a girl) Evans entered the room wearing nothing more than whipped cream and cherries covering his nipples and crotch, and a banana sticking out of his buttocks."
This line doesn't fit. It's a reference to his movie, one of many that could be picked out, and should not be there. I'm removiing it. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 16:03, 8 July 2008 (UTC)
His brother's sexuality
The sexuality of Chris Evans' brother is not remarkable, notable. nor of any relevance to this article. The presumption must always be in the favour of privacy; Scott Evans is not even the subject of this article. This is a fairly clear violation of our strict policy concerning Biographies of living persons. This information has been removed. Rje (talk) 20:07, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- and no problems and violation there. --Franz (Fg68at) de:Talk 16:36, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
Forbes' Star Currency
His ranking on Star Currency has nothing to do with how much he makes, but rather with how bankable his movies are. He received a 3.94 out of 10 - not something to really be bragging about as it is worded. He's 474 out of 1410 actors. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 23:05, 14 October 2009 (UTC)
I just checked this out... ridiculous. Have you seen the people he's ranked behind? I'm taking it out of the lead paragraph and moving it down to the career section with a much more qualified statement.220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:43, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
Article seems to be a vandalism target
I added this page to Wikipedia:Most vandalized pages.
I first got involved when I saw a link to the vandalized article on Reddit. There seems to be quite a history of anonymous changes and bogus accounts editing this article recently.
Frequent work with Scarlett Johannson
So, with other actors like the Apatow group that always work together, I think it's notable to have that Evans and Johnasson have worked together frequently (Avengers: Age of Ultron being their 5th film together). I had made the edit:
- "Evans has worked on numerous films with actress Scarlett Johansson. They have appeared together in the films The Perfect Score (2004), The Nanny Diaries (2007), The Avengers (2012), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) and will appear together again in the upcoming 2015 film Avengers: Age of Ultron."
But Doniago fairly removed it saying it might be considered trivial unless backed by a reliable source. I found a couple, one by The Los Angeles Times, and one from Variety. Thoughts on adding this to his career section? LADY LOTUS • TALK 15:33, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
- The sources listed are definitely a help, but I'd like to reserve comment pending feedback from other editors. Thanks for your even-handed approach to this! DonIago (talk) 15:36, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
- I think it could at least be mentioned. I'd find it trivial if they only did two films, but they're currently working on their fifth together. And a possible sixth and seventh in the future. Rusted AutoParts 20:11, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
- I would say that if we are going to mention it we should at least say something more substantive than simply which films they appear together in. I.e. "The Times has noted that the characters Evans and Johannson play evince a great deal of chemistry in the films they've shared." A simple listing of the films in which they've appeared is something I'd probably oppose. DonIago (talk) 15:59, 29 April 2014 (UTC)
- Or how about, tacking on "Avengers: Age of Ultron will be his fifth film that he has appeared in with Johansson", after this sentence: "His upcoming films include his directorial debut, 1:30 Train, the sequel to The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron and the third Captain America film." that is already in the article? LADY LOTUS • TALK 19:40, 29 April 2014 (UTC)
Is adding a column for Rotten Tomatoes scores in the filmography table a thing? Is it a test? I don't see it being done for any other actor. --‖ Ebyabe talk - Union of Opposites ‖ 12:50, 16 August 2015 (UTC)
Boston or Sudbury
Hello! Please, the article says he was born in Boston and raised in Sudbury, Massachusetts, but he is in Category:People from Sudbury, Massachusetts. I was looking for sources, but they are also confused. How to proceed? Minerva97 (talk) 20:38, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
- I think it's fine as is. He was born in Boston but raised in Sudbury, so I believe it's correct to say he is from the latter. Calidum 20:56, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|The article requires facts on birth date and place, his background as an actor, his relationships, public relations, possible political views, likes and dislikes, parents and friends, training as an actor (theories, school and teachers), health interests.|
Last edited at 12:12, 25 February 2007 (UTC). Substituted at 11:36, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Chris Evans (actor). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20130412044521/http://www.details.com:80/celebrities-entertainment/cover-stars/201205/chris-evans-avengers to http://www.details.com/celebrities-entertainment/cover-stars/201205/chris-evans-avengers
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
Archived sources still need to be checked