|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Science and Academia||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Astronomy||(Rated Start-class)|
|The following Wikipedia contributors may be personally or professionally connected to the subject of the article. Relevant policies and guidelines may include Paid contribution disclosure, Conflict of interest, Autobiography, and Neutral point of view.|
Some suggestions for improvement as the article is expanded:
- Appropriate infobox should be added
- Photograph should be added from a source with a free license
- Basic biographical information required, including date and place of birth, dates for education and positions held
- Lead needs expanding to summarise all aspects of subject's life
- References required for information on research
- References should be expanded, preferably including sources other than news
- External links present which could be used to expand article
Espresso Addict 10:53, 20 July 2007 (UTC)
Back in Oxford
I am now back in Oxford, where I am a researcher (http://www2.physics.ox.ac.uk/contacts/people/lintott) and no longer Director of Citizen Science at Adler (having been replaced by Arfon Smith: http://www.adlerplanetarium.org/researchcollections/researchers/#as). Could someone make the corrections? Thanks Chrislintott (talk) 12:58, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- The stars have aligned to meet your request. I hope it meets your approval, and thank you for your patience. --GRuban (talk) 15:13, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
Update to title
I do find it slightly worrying that it seems to be me requesting changes to this page, but I do find that when I give talks people tend to have cribbed their introduction from Wikipedia! An update to my title (http://www2.physics.ox.ac.uk/contacts/people/lintott) would be much appreciated). Chrislintott (talk) 20:48, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
- Have updated it to include your recent appointment as a professor. I think this is what you meant. Richard Nowell (talk) 16:54, 6 October 2014 (UTC)
Dead Links and Re-Write
There are a number of web links given as refs that are no longer useable. For instance the Guardian news article from 1999 and the link to Somerville college. These need to be renewed or deleted as and when. Richard Nowell (talk) 09:08, 6 October 2014 (UTC)
- Removed External Links completely, as one was to a foreign language site (http://www.livingspaceonline.com/) and the other linked to a non-existent BBC page. The section External Links can be restored when there is something to link to.Richard Nowell (talk) 10:56, 6 October 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Chris Lintott. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~cjl/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.