Talk:Church of the Saviour, Tyumen
|Church of the Saviour, Tyumen was nominated as a good article, but it did not meet the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions on the review page for improving the article. If you can improve it, please do; it may then be renominated.
Review: April 1, 2014.
|Church of the Saviour, Tyumen received a peer review by Wikipedia editors, which is now archived. It may contain ideas you can use to improve this article.|
|This article is of interest to multiple WikiProjects. Click [show] for further details.|
|This article contains a translation of Спасская церковь (Тюмень) from ru.wikipedia.|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Church of the Saviour (Tyumen)/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
I'll review this article shortly. Wizardman 03:01, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
I read through this article, and in short, the prose is simply bad. Here are some examples:
- "According to the Kungursk Codex (p. 121), the first church of the Saviour was constructed in 1586 in the Tyumen kremlin: оn the raised town of Tyumen, July of day 29, even Chingi heareth, and the church of the All-Merciful Saviour raiseth – first in Siberia" - that can be condensed and explained more clearly.
- The original quote was in archaic language, so I tried to do the same in English.
- "in Tyumen had a side altar of the Wondermaker Sergius of Radonezh, in other words: the church was restored after the fire." punctuation's all wrong, plus what's with the 'in other words' phrase added in?
- Is it better now?
- "as the church was chopped off in 1753," what?
- It was a wooden church.
- "which in November 1913 forbade reconstruction, as those will conclude very interesting artifical-architectural pieces of the northern facade and destroy beautiful platbands." no idea what this is trying to say.
- Agree and reworded.
- " but because of ungoing constructions of the new museum building on the Sovyetskaya Street, 63, the church is expected to be opened only in 2019." so it's only going to be open for one year? Worded oddly.
- Removed "only".
- "The sector of science informs, that the church of the Saviour of the city of Tyumen is under accounting and protection of the Narkompros, and therefore any damages and robbery of its outer architecture are impermissible and will be punished for violating the VZIK and SNK decrets about the protection of archaic art monuments.." doesn't seem necessary; if it is than it needs clarification, since it can be stated more clearly in 1/3 of the words.
In short, the prose is nowhere near GA status. The above is only noting some of the more serious examples. Even a simple copyedit wouldn't be enough; it would need someone to fundamentally rewrite it to be able to get near GA status. Wizardman 03:20, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Church of the Saviour, Tyumen. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://2mus.ru/read.php?id=3327
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.tobolsk-eparhia.ru/p/blag/php/place.php?id=tyum&id1=1&id2=7
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131019233121/http://www.tobolsk-eparhia.ru/p/blag/php/place.php?id=tyum&id1=1&id2=7 to http://www.tobolsk-eparhia.ru/p/blag/php/place.php?id=tyum&id1=1&id2=7
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.