Talk:Coated paper

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

"a synthetic viscofiers"

why is it viscofier instead of viscosifier, and why is it plural?

dispersants, resins, PE[edit]

The coating formulation may also contain chemical additives as dispersants, resins, PE: to give water resistance and wet strength to the paper,[1] or to protect against ultraviolet radiation.

This sentence barely makes sense. What is PE - polythene? That is a specific additive, as is resin, whereas "dispersants" are a functional category. And the quoted reference doesn't seem to bear any relationship to the topic. Confused. •Λmniarix• (talk) 11:28, 8 October 2010 (UTC)