|WikiProject Africa / Western Sahara||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Where does the name Common Murre come from? I've only heard Common Guillemot. Is Murre maybe the American name for the bird? From what I know the Common Guillemot is closely related to the Black Guillemot, and that is not listed as "black murre" on Wikipedia. Drattli (talk) 21:03, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
- The Black Guillemot is in a different genus. Murre versus guillemot represents two different names used on different sides of the Atlantic. In global lists and works (like Wikipedia) sometimes the British name wins and sometimes the American one does; in this case the North American one did. Murre was used, I believe, in the past in Britain too. Sabine's Sunbird talk 22:39, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
The the picture in the box does not show a bridled bird, as mentioned in the caption and according to picture details it was taken on Helgoland, not in Norway. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 09:23, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
- I removed the caption but could find nothing that identifies the bird as coming from Helgoland. Dger (talk) 01:54, 19 February 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Common murre. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070411052822/http://www.projectpuffin.org/common-murre.html to http://www.projectpuffin.org/common-murre.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.