|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Computational finance article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I've decided to take a crack at rewriting this page. The biggest problem, aside from the complete lack of references, is that computational finance and financial engineering are two distinct areas. Computational finance is a branch of computer science that deals with data and algorithms of practical importance in finance. Financial engineering is the application of mathematical methods to financial problems. Obviously financial engineers will need to know some computational finance, but you can do computational finance without doing any financial engineering. AaCBrown (talk) 19:45, 21 July 2012 (UTC)
The section "Masters programs in computational finance" is not relevant to the article. In addition the section "Coding" is just a list of programming languages with no other context -- computational finance is in no way tied to any specific language or languages and this section should be removed. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 18:49, 1 May 2014 (UTC)
- I agree that both of those sections are not appropriate for this article/Wikipedia. I am deleting them now. Zfeinst (talk) 03:03, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Computational finance. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060821114429/http://www.puc-rio.br/marco.ind/katia-num.html to http://www.puc-rio.br/marco.ind/katia-num.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060407205653/http://www.puc-rio.br/marco.ind/sim_stoc_proc.html to http://www.puc-rio.br/marco.ind/sim_stoc_proc.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.