confessionalism in the Netherlands
The reference to the Netherlands seems rather disturbing. Most countries have some confessional political parties - but this does far from make the political system confessionalist. If no objections I will delete the sentence. Bertilvidet 17:16, 29 July 2006 (UTC)
- Liberalism - liberal, confessionalism - confessional sounded logical to me. Moreover both the Confessional entries say nothing about christian democracy and I wanted to put the information somewhere. To me knowledge only the Dutch refer to their parties as confessional, atleast as far as the evidendence on wikipedia tells me. But if you feel strongly about this removed it.
- BTW can you provide me with any links to academic sources on this use of the term confessionalism?
- --C mon 21:22, 29 July 2006 (UTC)
I think the Bertilvidet has it -- countries that have confessional parties don't necessarily have political systems that match this definition of 'confessionalism'. As for N. Ireland, the Good Friday Agreement tends to be referred to as consociational. Even if 'confessionalism' is really a valid label for a political system, I'm not sure N. Ireland would count. While the fault lines are along religious lines, the issues are political (republicanism vs unionism) rather than centered around any religious questions.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
- I think N Ireland should at least be noted in this article. IMO it does satisfy the criteria for Confessionalism, but in any case let the reader decide by linking appropriately. Fig (talk) 14:13, 27 December 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Confessionalism (politics). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.islamitischdemocratischepartij.org/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
Archived sources still need to be checked