|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Conrad Weiser portrait
Why include a "portrait" that is manifestly false? Weiser died in 1760, long before the top hat became fashionable. "The founder of the Weiser Family Association and a great scholar and author, Rev. Frederick S. Weiser, did not believe this image was in any way accurate and in fact, laughed heartily about the garb the figure is wearing in it. No authentic and verifiable image of Conrad Weiser exists and it seems that artists may have modeled their own drawings on the drawings of others who strove to depict an image of Conrad Weiser." See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ConradWeiserSketch.jpg 22.214.171.124 (talk) 20:42, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|I have given this article a B rating because while it is a good start with significant biographical information, it is in desperate need of a few impovements. Number one problem is a lack of citation. I would also like to see the Service section divided up by his various services as an interpreter/emisary, magistrate, military service, etc. DrLang 03:09, 28 December 2006 (UTC)|
Last edited at 03:09, 28 December 2006 (UTC). Substituted at 12:11, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 5 external links on Conrad Weiser. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140922104107/http://conradweiserhomestead.org/virtualtour.htm to http://www.conradweiserhomestead.org/virtualtour.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130528002926/http://conradweiserhomestead.org/events.htm to http://www.conradweiserhomestead.org/events.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060614130456/http://smymca.org/index.html to http://www.smymca.org/index.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110720044252/http://faculty.simpson.edu/nick.proctor/www/1756/DOC-Lancaster.htm to http://faculty.simpson.edu/nick.proctor/www/1756/DOC-Lancaster.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090605032304/https://archive.elca.org/communication/timeline/1696.html to http://archive.elca.org/communication/timeline/1696.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.