Talk:Corbett v Corbett
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Details of Ormrod's gender test
- I'd like to know more about it as well. Ormrod's own Wikipedia page quotes the following in reference to the result of the case:
"sex is clearly an essential determinant of the relationship called marriage because it is and always has been recognized as the union of man and woman. It is the institution on which the family is built, and in which the capacity for natural heterosexual intercourse is an essential element. [...] Having regard to the essentially heterosexual character of the relationship which is called marriage, the criteria must, in my judgement, be biological [...]. My conclusion therefore is that the respondent is not a woman for the purposes of marriage, but is a biological male and has been so since birth. It follows that the so-called marriage of 10 September 1963 is void."
- It does not mention any kind of test, unless you can call "check out the biological sex" a test... Which you can't. I am unable to access the full text of Ormrod's decision from my current computer, but the information on this article might simply be false... ~Mable (chat) 11:51, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Corbett v Corbett. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120426040338/http://archive.equal-jus.eu/677/2/W_v_W_Divorce.pdf to http://archive.equal-jus.eu/677/2/W_v_W_Divorce.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.