|WikiProject Computing / Software||(Rated Start-class)|
The first paragraph seems more like a commercial than a description: "...user is able to create remarkably realistic images freehand...".
- Agreed. I'm going to add an [advertisement] tag to it for now and try to fix the wording a little for now. --dmkrantz 12:03, 03 February, 2008 (CST)
Needs a little bit of editing, especially this paragraph :-
"It is highly recommended to use a Wacom Intuos or Cintiq tablet to make use of the full power of this program. Also check out the Painter WOW! series of books if you would like to learn technique, and search the web for well-known painter gurus and creators Mark Zimmer, Tom Hedges, and John Derry to find out more about Painter's history."
wikipedia is for info not giving advice, i shall see if i can reword it. --Neon white 04:03, 18 January 2007 (UTC)
- I removed the paragraph, it's inappropriate for Wikipedia IMO. The bit about the tablets could be restored along the lines of "Some recommend the use of a tablet to make use of the full power of this program" if a reliable source can be found for this recommendation. The book recommendation looks hopeless to me.
- I believed the recommendation of the two brands to be bias, so if it is included, it needs to be simply tablet and not mention a particular brand, however i cannot find any such recommendation on corel's site, however corel painter essentials is sometimes included with wacom tablets but the only mention on corel's website is that the products are compatible. I think a better wording would be to simply mention that corel painter can be used with a graphics tablets to extend some of the 'natural media' features. --Neon white 19:26, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
- Also, I think the bit on the company history is a bit much, but I left it there for now. It really should go in an article on ViewPoint (which doesn't exist yet). -- Hawaiian717 16:11, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- I removed the Viewpoint info because it is also included in the more relevant MetaCreations_Corp. article linked from the paragraph. (Even though I think it's cool trivia that the Painter people somehow evolved into the ViewPoint Player people) Left the rest because there's still no Fractal Design Corporation article --Armandoban 18:28, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
Fractal Design Expression
I left the internal link as "Fractal Design Expression" even though it was also MetaCreations and Creature House, just so the un-wiki familiar will not assume this is a dictionary link to the meaning of Expression as a representation through art and ignore it.. (because I polled some friends, and they do think that way) --Armandoban 18:28, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
Painter doesn't work on Leopard 9A466
FYI Coral Painter X is not working on the latest build of Leopard. I get to the main screen but it won't let me do anything.
- Workaround, remove the file: /Applications/Coral Painter X/Coral Painter X.app/Contents/PlugIns/SweetCocoa.bundle
Fair use rationale for Image:LimitedEditionCan.jpg
Image:LimitedEditionCan.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
BetacommandBot 05:31, 16 September 2007 (UTC)