Talk:Corrugated galvanised iron

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

In Australia corrugated iron is colloqially known as tin. Sam Wilson 03:03, 7 September 2006 (UTC) In Australia the replacement for galvanised sheeting is now called Zincalume. It come in natural finish and many colours billbeee 06:39, 6 April 2007 (UTC)

And it's called corrugated steel where I'm from. And no, it doesn't rust easily but generally lasts decades. -- (talk) 20:59, 2 July 2014 (UTC)


Was tin also used in such a way? Badagnani (talk) 22:45, 6 July 2008 (UTC)

Never run across this. Galv was called "Tin" in Australia (still is in some places) and possibly elsewhere. Given the relative abundance (and consequently cost) of iron vs tin over time it is unlikely it would be used in the same way - Peripitus (Talk) 12:00, 12 July 2008 (UTC)