Talk:Cosmic Ray Deflection Society
We have about 250 members world wide, including many artcart artists, environmentalists and art critics. We are a humorous environmental group. We were a major player in the web goes black, back in 1996 and were one of the first groups to call attention to the whole in the ozone in the 2 year period back in 73, when no one seemed to care. We were the ones with the holes in our heads then. I have looked at all the pages of those of you that want to delete the cosmic rays from this site and am surprised that none of you see the tongue in cheek humor/putdown of the psuedo-sciences. While at the same time producing some rather interesting recycled art. Here's a list of awards, articles, links and more.
Accolades we have received:
- Web Awards, Geek Site of the Day, Morts top 99% of the web, Freedom Finger Award as well as several site of the days, now defunct.
- We have appeared in two movies, Wild Wheels by Harrod Blank and Life & Death at Barrister's.
- We have also appeared in newspapers and magazines:
- AP wire article picked up by 130 newspapers
- Omni Magazine
- Article in Raw Vision
- Bands Plan Nine and Eugene Chadbourne have dedicated songs to the society.
- 645 links in parenthesis on Google
- Organizations that link to our organization...
University of Utah, the High Resolution Fly's Eye (HiRes) is an experiment to study the highest energy cosmic rays to determine the energy, direction, and chemical composition of the incident particle.
Super-Kamiokande is a joint Japan-US collaboration to construct the world's largest underground neutrino observatory.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Cosmic Ray Deflection Society. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20050827145806/http://www.rawvision.com/back/vodou/vodou.html to http://www.rawvision.com/back/vodou/vodou.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
- Found a source here: http://escondidograpevine.com/2015/11/10/meet-the-cosmic-ray-deflection-society-of-north-america/ thus, I think we need to hold off on the proposed deletion — Preceding unsigned comment added by Egaoblai (talk • contribs) 02:19, 7 December 2017 (UTC)