Talk:Crédit Agricole (cycling team)
|WikiProject Cooperatives||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Cycling / Tour de France||(Rated Start-class)|
Does this guy exist? If he does, why does he not appear on the UCI's website or Crédit Agricole's website? The rider roster is cited as factually correct (insofar as the UCI provides correct facts) - to add him without an additional cite is poor form. Please can we find a citation that he does indeed exist and ride for Crédit Agricole or I'll remove him again. Thanks, SeveroTC 19:39, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
- Severo, the guy doesn't come up on a Google search even; I'm going to remove him - it doesn't feel like even vaguely solid information. It's also the only thing that Italiancycling has posted. If the UCI doesn't list Salomon as a cyclist, I think it best that we don't add him to Crédit Agricole's page. kju 14:25, 7 May 2007 (UTC)
- This revision seems to explain Italiancycling's addition, but gives no reliable source. We first need to know what country he is from - the French cycling association site doesn't list him but that assumes he is French. I can't work out sufficient Italian to successfully navigate the Italian site. kju 03:30, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
- Italiancycling is putting his nationality in as USA. I can't find any mention of this character or indeed of Crédit Agricole's track activities. I'm dubious at best. It is unfortunate that Italiancycling doesn't wish to discuss this despite requests here and at his talk page, and that his only edits (both as Italiancycling and 18.104.22.168) relate to this person. SeveroTC 10:59, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
- Found him! According to this he is a stagiaire with Crédit Agricole, (so he isn't an actual team member) he is Swiss-American and his surname is spelt Solomon, not Salomon. However I still can't find him on the USA Cycling site and my German is too crap to find him on the Swiss Cycling site (unhelpfully it uses Java for some of the menus and that won't translate on Google Translate). Wanna give it a shot? kju 13:13, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
I was incorrect in stating that he was an American. I met him in a many of races over the winter in the US as he was doing his winter preparation before going back to Europe. He speaks fluent Italian and Swiss-German, as well as almost perfect English. If he is a stagiaire, THAT MEANS HE IS ON THE TEAM! He does all his racing for Credit Agricole, mostly on the track and in kermesse. I have pictures, yet not sure if I'm allowed to post them. Italiancycling06:49, 15 May 2007 (UTC)—The preceding comment was added by Italiancycling (talk • contribs) 13:49, May 15, 2007.
- Okay I'm getting more confused here. According to the UCI regulations , article 2.15.110, you can only take stagiares on after August 1 - ten weeks away. A rider cannot be a stagiare at this time of the season. SeveroTC 14:08, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
Well if in fact he is a stagiare, then how does he receive a pay check from the team for his services on the track which the team sends and pays for? The reason why there is no question in my mind that he is on el equipe de Credit Agricole is because when I met Nicolas the 4th or 5th time he was with none other than Saul Raisin whom is on the "road" team. The two were training together and Nicolas was showing Saul how to do a proper sprint. Also on Saul's website, I've seen pictures of Nicolas at the team camp. No what Serveroooooo? Akira15:19, 15 May 2007 (UTC)—The preceding comment was added by Italiancycling (talk • contribs) 22:17, May 15, 2007.
- What's up with signing your posts under another name, that of a user who doesn't exist? You might want to double check the Talk page guidelines. Anyway, the Wikipedia standard is this: Wikipedia:Verifiability: Editors should provide a reliable source for ... any material that is challenged. Reliable means someone else is able to go away and check it. Both myself and kju have looked for references to this person, and have only found one obscure one. Perhaps you could find another one? SeveroTC 22:48, 15 May 2007 (UTC)
I'm looking for one to prove you wrong, yet I do have a job to go to and not spend all my time searching on the internet. My name is Akira and "Italiancycling" is my Wikipedia sign on name, my mistake. Italiancycling07:39, May 16, 2007.
Fair use rationale for Image:Crédit Agricole Jersey 2007 Tour de France.png
Image:Crédit Agricole Jersey 2007 Tour de France.png is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
BetacommandBot 02:27, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Crédit Agricole (cycling team). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20051013095803/http://www.credit-agricole.fr/partenariats/cyclisme/ to http://www.credit-agricole.fr/partenariats/cyclisme/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.