|Cucurbitaceae has been listed as a level-4 vital article in Science. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as Start-Class.|
|WikiProject Plants||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Needs rigorous editing
- A generic name can be used more than once in taxonomy, provided that it has not been used before in that particular kingdom, like, example, Proteus the salamander versus the genus of bacterium.--Mr Fink (talk) 03:20, 30 July 2016 (UTC)
Another Honorable Mention
from the article...
"although not nearly as important as the grass family, Poaceae, legume family, Fabaceae, or Nightshade family, Solanaceae."
The family Rosaceae could be included in the list of such important food providing families. The Rosaceae are probably more important than the Cucubits
Common names please
Please add common names (in parentheses) for well-known plants like cucumber, canteloupe, etc., in the family tree.
Possibly should be merged, or contain a brief set of links to other types of commonly known Pepos such as pumkpins, and squashes.
Additionally, looking up one type of fruit should include a link or to the Fruit general page, which lists each type of fruit.
I add the ref Ghebretinsae et al. because I consider an important source based on both nuclear and chloroplast genome, but I disagree partially with their conclusions that the genera Myrmecosycios, Oreosyce and Cucumella should be regarded synonyms of Cucumis, since that there was weak bootstrap support and polytomy (anagenesis) for this. Berton 19:10, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Cucurbitaceae. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101213041459/http://delta-intkey.com/angio/ to http://delta-intkey.com/angio/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070103200438/http://delta-intkey.com:80/ to http://delta-intkey.com
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.