|WikiProject International relations||(Rated B-class, High-importance)|
|WikiProject Culture (defunct)|
|WikiProject Politics||(Rated B-class, High-importance)|
|This article is the subject of an educational assignment at Georgetown University supported by the Wikipedia Ambassador Program during the 2011 Q3 term. Further details are available on the course page.|
- 1 for different article
- 2 The Intro
- 3 Let this entry become again a neutral article on Cultural Diplomacy
- 4 NPOV - lack of Citation: Material & Sources linked to Institute for Cultural Diplomacy
- 5 Request for comment
- 6 Copyright violation
- 7 Cleaned up
- 8 It got messed up again though
- 9 Proposal for deletion
- 10 Dead end page
for different article
This sounds like it belongs in an article called institute for cultural diplomacy, not in an article on Cultural diplomacy.
- The institute for cultural diplomacy is an international center of dialogue, exchange, and analysis designed to address major world issues through the lens of culture. icd promotes culturally sensitive leadership globally while striving to improve mutual understanding between countries, cultures, leaders, and citizens. icd is a non- partisan, independent and nonprofit organization with head offices in Berlin, Germany and New York City, USA and affiliate offices in Los Angeles and Paris. By encouraging open dialogue, icd helps confront challenges and creates opportunities in an international community where cultural identities are increasingly vital to diplomatic relations between people and nations.
So I moved it to talk. RJFJR 15:08, 24 February 2006 (UTC)
Let this entry become again a neutral article on Cultural Diplomacy
To whom it may concern –and remains prudent-, What do Wikipedia's administrators think of the objectivity of this article? This entry is supposed to refer on the term of Cultural Diplomacy. It shouldn’t promote that loud & clear this Institute of Cultural Diplomacy. Even if this institute is focused on the fields of Cultural Diplomacy, it is not the only one who does so and certainly it should not be considered as authorized to act in such an inequitable and biased way. It may be granted the permission of creating another Wikipedia entry to present itself -or the University in Dubrovnik- but it is just not rightful (in terms of the basic principles of Wikipedia such us Neutral Point of View but also in terms of objectivity and international political ethics) to manipulate Wikipedia’s platform to its own benefit. Let it not be forgotten that as it has been noticed through experience, Cultural Diplomacy malpractices foster many dangers. And as it has been wisely remarked: certain aspects of Cultural Diplomacy entail aspects of what is sometimes called Cultural Imperialism. So, promoting some national interests (German ones) it is not really a trust-building practice. Not for Cultural Diplomacy, not for ICD and not for Wikipedia’s reliability. If the contributors feel the need of completing this entry with information on CD Studies (which I also believe that is an information of great use), there can be a reference on the recommended courses but I believe it should be avoided to namely present a specific institution (especially in such a way of transgression that ICD achieved up to now).
edit equals offer 16:55, 23 December 2011 (UTC)
Have applied tags for primarysources, advert & COI.
It seems odd that the only references to "Cultural Diplomacy" as an independent discipline within Diplomacy/Political Science come from only one source - connected so closely to the subject. Is this page actually needed - or should it be deleted/merged? Ref WP:SOAP - also see "Talk: Institute for Cultural Diplomacy" — Preceding unsigned comment added by Media-hound- thethird (talk • contribs) 17:41, 6 May 2012 (UTC)
- That article has since been deleted (and the present article about the concept appears to have been thoroughly rewritten), but recently an editor attempted add this organization to the list of institutions in this article again. The talk page linked above was deleted too, but Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Institute for Cultural Diplomacy contains useful background for deciding whether it should be highlighted as part of that list. Regards, HaeB (talk) 12:08, 24 November 2016 (UTC)
Request for comment
This page reads as an advertisement for Institute for Cultural Diplomacy and lacks independent citation and sourcing.
- This article and that of the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy itself require cleanup; I am placing the cleanup tag on them accordingly. —JOHNMOORofMOORLAND (talk) 10:42, 22 May 2012 (UTC)
Comment - The best course of action is for an interested editor (presumably one who has contributed to the article; or one interested in the topic) re-write the article so it is more like a genuine encyclopedia article: neutral, professional, objective. No article in WP should give any impression of commercial endorsement or advertising. Tagging the article is a good first step, but the real challenge is finding editors to edit the article. Consider inquiring at Wikipedia:WikiProject_Guild_of_Copy_Editors/Requests - the volunteers in that guild may be willing to help with editing this article. --Noleander (talk) 02:37, 28 May 2012 (UTC)
- Mystery lone IP editor with a Berlin IP Address - cutting and pasting content (100%) from the webpage of the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy to apply WP:SOAP? I've removed it, so the tag is no longer required.
- I also not that advice has been taken from Wikipedia_talk:Copyright_problems#Is_text_that_has_been_copied_from_a_website_a_copyright_infringement.3FMedia-Hound 'D 3rd P^) (talk) 19:26, 22 June 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Media-hound! Thanks for looking into this. The page as it looks now is still a 90% copy-and-paste job, so I allow myself to flag it again. I'm only flagging here, on the talk page, because I wonder if you have reasons for removing only part of the text; I've checked it quite thoroughly, but maybe I'm getting something wrong. Plus, this time the reference is not to the ICD website, but to one of their folders; this text is more accurately the one from Wikipedia.
- SkaraB 14:22, 22 June 2012 (UTC)
Have amended page Diplomacy due to copy and past from here to there - details Talk:Diplomacy#Cultural_Diplomacy_-_section_removed_-_copyright_violations Media-Hound 'D 3rd P^) (talk) 11:02, 24 June 2012 (UTC)
I cleaned up the article, but after removing copyrighted material it has lost any coherent structure. Not sure if it should be demoted to a stub. SkaraB 16:34, 26 June 2012 (UTC)
It got messed up again though
Unfortunately, someone has edited the article back to being an advertisement board for a specific organisation.I may look into it at some point. SkaraB 17:26, 5 January 2013 (UTC)
Proposal for deletion
As can be seen from the discussion above, this article was once criticized for being an advertisement board for The Institute for Cultural Diplomacy; I cleaned up all reference to that organisation, but in the meantime it has been reedited, and two new references to the ICD added. The Wiki article on the ICD had been deleted twice, for the very same reason and following long and tiresome debates with highly biased editors with a clear conflict of interest. I therefore suggest that this article be deleted until someone with proper sources presents him or herself.
SkaraB 17:45, 5 January 2013 (UTC)