|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Custom software article.|
|WikiProject Software / Computing||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
|This page was nominated for deletion on 7 January 2011 (UTC). The result of the discussion was no consensus.|
|The content of Custom software development was merged into Custom software on 25 January 2011. That page now redirects here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected page, please see ; for the discussion at that location, see its talk page.|
On April 23, 2005, this article was nominated for deletion. The result was keep. See Wikipedia:Votes for deletion/Custom Software for a record of the discussion. Mindspillage (spill yours?) 15:01, 6 May 2005 (UTC)
Bespoke also varies in different cases for example making a one of kind software to suite the customers every needs and also everything is customized to match what the businees does. BY: TURBS ANTHONY.
Would be nice to have some more info regarding:
1. Is custom software owned by the sponsor or is it licensed by the software developer? I believe it would be determined by a contract between the developer and the sponsor. In lieu of a contract then both parties would have a legal claim of ownership. A contract is typically a license to use the custom software under an EULA. But there is more to it I am sure.
2. If a software developer writes the custom software for a sponsor/company, do they have a legal obligation to maintain it and provide a warranty? Again probably determined by a EULA but what happens when there isn't one? How do the laws of the land effect things when there is no EULA and also when there is an EULA.
3. If the author of the custom software is a contractor to the customer i.e. the customer got an external company/contractor to write the custom software, is the author liable for or legally bound to the custom software?
4. Does the author as an employee of the sponsor whom develops the custom software for the company have any rights of ownership (e.g. intellectual property)? Can the author develop that software into a product and register patents for it etc. Should the author sign a contract with the company relinquishing any ownership rights?
5. What is the status quo and legal position in regard to the above?
6. Exactly how is custom software treated differently with respect to packaged software from the sponsors perspective and the developers perspective?
I have found a great website