Talk:Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve
|WikiProject Protected areas||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Daanv's recent contribution to the Ecotourism section:
- The Cuyabeno Wildlife reserve particularly owns its increasing interest to wildlife visibility. In a forest on higher grounds, it is rather difficult to observe wildlife, as many animals move about in the tree crowns. Looking up, the contrast between the sky and the leaves is so great that they appear almost black and it is almost impossible to distinguish the birds and monkeys. On the other hand. from the water one can observe animals and flowers much better as the move about in the shrubs and lower trees along the waterside.
- This particularly true for narrow rivers and creeks. Along the wider rivers, like the Agua Rico and the Napo, it is much less likely to observe wildlife; the rivers are so wide that they appear almost seas. On the narrow rivers on the other hand, one feels in the middle of the forest while the river still opens up the sky enough to see the lower trees and shrubs along the river and there is enough light to observe birds, flowers and mammals in the branches. As rivers are narrowest in the upper parts of the watershed, narrow rivers are most abundant in the Andes foothills, but in most of the Amazon, the foothills are rather hilly and few rivers are navigable and lakes are absent. Cuyabeno is unique for being so flat. It is an enormous hollow bowl with a narrow exit, which causes a large area to be seasonally flooded with scenic interconnected lakes, creeks and rivers, while at the same time incredibly conveniently accessible.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120507230558/http://www.ecoturismo.org.ec/ to http://www.ecoturismo.org.ec/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.