|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Universal Life Church
Charisse ordained herself as a Universal Life Church (ULC) minister online via theMonastery.org. Ministers are able to perform marriages and other religious practices. Please reference Famous ULC Ministers  for more information. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 05:57, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
Gay Icon Project
In my effort to merge the now-deleted list from the article Gay icon to the Gay icons category, I have added this page to the category. I engaged in this effort as a "human script", adding everyone from the list to the category, bypassing the fact-checking stage. That is what I am relying on you to do. Please check the article Gay icon and make a judgment as to whether this person or group fits the category. By distributing this task from the regular editors of one article to the regular editors of several articles, I believe that the task of fact-checking this information can be expedited. Thank you very much. Philwelch 20:17, 24 Mar 2005 (UTC)
It's common knowledge that Charisse, not being a singer, was dubbed in most of her films. Does anyone know, however, if she was dubbed in The Silencers? I haven't been able to find out of that's her real voice or not. 23skidoo 16:18, 1 October 2006 (UTC)
Not real voice
- According to Imdb.com, and other sources, Vicki Carr dubbed Cyd Charrise in the Silencers.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0139888/
Javabeanrush 15:47, 7 February 2007 (UTC)
I never regarded her a a singer, and could care less. In my view she's the most beautiful dancer in history and the greatest danceer in film history, male or female. I just can't take my eyes off of her when she dances, no matter who she's dancing with. Dancing In The Dark is perhaps my favorite, but she is and always be the essense of female grace, beauty, sensulity and elegance to me. There was simply nobody like her. Bob 188.8.131.52 (talk) 05:17, 10 December 2007 (UTC)
Date of birth and age at death
The CBC obit says she was born 8 March 1921, and gives her age as 86, which is mathematically impossible. CNN says 1922 and 86, which is at least consistent. Fox news just says she was 86, but doesn’t give a birth year. The BBC says she was born in 1921, but doesn’t state her age. Both IMDB and IDB say she was born 8 March 1921, which would make her 87. So, where does that leave us? -- JackofOz (talk) 03:46, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- Her brother Ernest E. Finklea Jr. was born on 24 February 1921  (also see his 1997 obit, where his sister Cyd Martin is named). So 8 March 1921 is out of the question. Famous roots actually claims that she was born in 1923... Afasmit (talk) 08:40, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- From the 1930 census it seems that she is born in 1922 as well. Afasmit (talk) 08:59, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
Ballet Russe discrepancy
The article says Ms. Charisse was a member of Ballet Russes sometime after age 14, and links to the article of that name. But that article says the company stopped performing in 1929, when she would have been seven years old. Was she actually a member of one of the later companies, such as Ballet Russe of Monte Carlo? icedtea1954 (talk) 11:33, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- That's correct. She was a member of the Ballet Russes de Monte Carlo. D7240 (talk) 14:05, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Cyd Charisse. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080628003321/http://www.cnn.com:80/2008/SHOWBIZ/06/17/charisse.obit.ap/index.html to http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/06/17/charisse.obit.ap/index.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Heading "Later years and death" is redundant
Please remove the words "and death" from the heading "Later years and death." Her death is covered in the next following section.