Talk:D'Agostino's K-squared test
|WikiProject Statistics||(Rated B-class, Low-importance)|
The early notation needs to be changed so that it distinguishes properly between μ for population values and m for sample values, similarly for σ. Also what version of the sample variance is to be used? 22.214.171.124 (talk) 10:28, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
I'm a little confused about the test statistic. I've applied this test to a vector of random numbers, generated by MathCAD as being normally distributed. Assuming my algebra is correct I reject the nul hypothesis if I compare K^2 against the Chi^2 distribution (95% significance with 2 degrees of freedom). This obviously troubles me. I fail to reject the nul hypothesis (quite convincingly, P value 0.77) if I compare K against the the Chi^2 distribution.
I have K^2=8.7 (K=2.95), Critical value(0.95,2)=5.991 - so it's an unlikely event.
- I just ran this test, for a sample of size n = 100 the test statistic K² has mean of 2.014 and standard deviation of 2.261 (versus theoretical 2.0 and 2.0) over B = 100,000 simulations. For a sample size n = 1000 i obtained mean = 1.995 and standard deviation = 2.023 (with 10,000 simulations). So you either made an error in coding, or got very unlucky. … stpasha » 00:41, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
- An online paper at http://eric.ed.gov/ERICDocs/data/ericdocs2sql/content_storage_01/0000019b/80/15/b6/00.pdf may serve to validate your results. Melcombe (talk) 12:10, 21 December 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on D'Agostino's K-squared test. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120325140006/http://www.cee.mtu.edu/~vgriffis/CE%205620%20materials/CE5620%20Reading/DAgostino%20et%20al%20-%20normaility%20tests.pdf to http://www.cee.mtu.edu/~vgriffis/CE%205620%20materials/CE5620%20Reading/DAgostino%20et%20al%20-%20normaility%20tests.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.