Talk:Daniel F. Galouye
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Daniel F. Galouye article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Biography / Arts and Entertainment||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Science Fiction||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
The Locus index says he was born in 1911. Anyone have hard data?
- Why are we using his full name? I've only ever seen him listed places as "Daniel F. Galouye" and that's what the other Wikipedias do. I'm not sure I even knew his middle-name was Francis. Did his family or agent request this?--T. Anthony (talk) 11:12, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
- Ahh probably just someone's goofiness. (See Wikipedia:Naming conventions (people)#Middle names and abbreviated names) I see the confusion though. It does says it's preferred to use a version without punctuation marks if both are nearly as common. However "Daniel F. Galouye" is more than ten times as common as "Daniel Francis Galouye." Anyway I moved it back to the original.--T. Anthony (talk) 11:23, 21 May 2008 (UTC)
- Note that "Another Tribute" link is a 404. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 13:34, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
His first novel
According to the Speculative Fiction Database it was "short fiction" (technically a novelette), later expanded into the well regarded, award nominated novel Dark Universe. There is no other publication cited for the original short story than the March 1952 issue of Imagination (that I am fortunate to have on the table in front of me as I write). It is Imagination (also known as "Madge" in the trade) not Imagine. It was considered a good second tier venue, the top being Astounding, Galaxy, and The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction based on quality standard demanded by the editor and to some extent the rate of payment per word ($.01/word for most vs $.03 for Galaxy (if one did not mind that Horace Gold might take the liberty of editing the work without consultation prior to publishing)).Jszigeti (talk) 16:03, 1 July 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Daniel F. Galouye. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://archive.is/20120630115734/http://www.gcwillick.com/Spacelight/obit/galouyeo.html to http://www.gcwillick.com/Spacelight/obit/galouyeo.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080725102036/http://www.gcwillick.com/Spacelight/galouye.html to http://www.gcwillick.com/Spacelight/galouye.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.