|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the David Letterman article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: Index, 1, 2|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Any threads with no replies in 30 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
|David Letterman was featured in a WikiWorld cartoon:
(click image to the right for full size version.)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 5 external links on David Letterman. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090218144132/http://www.charlierose.com:80/view/interview/6364 to http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/6364
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120314045142/http://articles.cnn.com/2009-10-07/entertainment/letterman.show.ratings_1_local-people-meters-rating-points-viewers?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ to http://articles.cnn.com/2009-10-07/entertainment/letterman.show.ratings_1_local-people-meters-rating-points-viewers?_s=PM:SHOWBIZ
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110416021903/http://www.tv.com:80/is-david-letterman-ready-to-be-done-with-the-late-show/story/25084.html to http://www.tv.com/is-david-letterman-ready-to-be-done-with-the-late-show/story/25084.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080102203501/http://www.wga.org/subpage_member.aspx?id=2692 to http://www.wga.org/subpage_member.aspx?id=2692
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20121109035635/http://www.playbill.com/news/article/169937-Dustin-Hoffman-David-Letterman-Natalia-Makarova-Buddy-Guy-Led-Zeppelin-Are-Kennedy-Center-Honorees to http://www.playbill.com/news/article/169937-Dustin-Hoffman-David-Letterman-Natalia-Makarova-Buddy-Guy-Led-Zeppelin-Are-Kennedy-Center-Honorees
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Cincinnati Reds fan
David Letterman is a Cincinnati Reds fan verified from this article. Where does this fall under Wikipedia:Notability? I know he is a late-night comedian, but he is involved with Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing which is auto racing team. FunksBrother (talk) 22:19, 6 August 2017 (UTC)
- Technically, notability refers to whether something deserves an article. It might be noteworthy to mention in this article that Letterman is a Reds fan; however, the source you linked to doesn't say that he is one. RivertorchFIREWATER 04:28, 8 August 2017 (UTC)
David Letterman and Pearl Jam
Letterman inducted Pearl Jam into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with a rather long and impactful speech. There doesn't seem to be any mention of Pearl Jam or Eddie Vedder in the article at all and Letterman seems to hold Pearl Jam (Eddie Vedder especially) very close to his heart. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 10:49, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
- Why don't you write a sentence or two about it? Make sure to include reliable sources. RivertorchFIREWATER 16:01, 15 October 2017 (UTC)