Talk:David Manning (fictitious writer)
- In 2004 a parody featuring Manning had Manning giving Garfield two thumbs up.
Who did this parody and where? The article goes on to talk more about it, but never does it say anything that actually identifies the parody to anybody who hasn't already seen it. - furrykef (Talk at me) 17:47, 19 September 2006 (UTC)
- I've moved that section here: In 2004, a parody commercial featuring Manning had Manning giving "Garfield" two thumbs up aired on television, even though the film Garfield was distributed by 20th Century Fox, not Columbia. Most people said the parody was a stealth advertisemen for the movie because they were both released around the same time. The parody was shown on TV and said "no matter how bad your film is, dont worry because Manning will have something good to say!". The parody seemingly stopped airing on TV in August 2004, most believe because of legal issues or that the movie was no longer in theaters. The movie was released to stores a few months later.
First, it's unlikely this ever happened. Secondly, it's uncited and conatains speculation. But most importantly, it doesn't make sense: If it was Columbia, why would Columbia spend money advertizing another studio's film? If it was 20th Century Fox, why would they advertize their own film as being "bad"? Crazysuit 21:33, 12 April 2007 (UTC)
Requested move 12 March 2015
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on David Manning (fictitious writer). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.msnbc.com/news/581770.asp?cp1=1
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080530051629/http://media.harryshearer.com/?ProgramID=128 to http://media.harryshearer.com/?ProgramID=128
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070713104150/http://www.sony-sucks.com/crime/5-sony-bucks to http://www.sony-sucks.com/crime/5-sony-bucks
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.