Talk:Dawson's Field hijackings
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Dawson's Field hijackings article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Dawson's Field hijackings received a peer review by Wikipedia editors, which is now archived. It may contain ideas you can use to improve this article.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|A fact from this article was featured on Wikipedia's Main Page in the On this day... section on September 6, 2007, September 6, 2008, September 6, 2009, September 6, 2010, September 6, 2011, and September 6, 2014.|
|A fact from Dawson's Field hijackings appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 28 May 2004. The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know Wikipedia:Recent additions/2004/May.||
- 1 Untitled
- 2 TWA 74 or TWA 741?
- 3 Dawson's Field site
- 4 Hijackers as passengers
- 5 Image copyright problem with Image:PatrickArguello.gif
- 6 Anti-semitism?
- 7 Dawson Field Madrid TWA sabatoge
- 8 Contradictory opening
- 9 Pan Am Flight 93 disambiguation
- 10 "Nixon's 9/11"
- 11 Swissair 100 passengers
- 12 External links modified
Does anyone else think that it should be mentioned that this was the basis for the first Delta Force movie?
Wow, interesting story - there's a thumbnail of an image of one of the blown-up planes on the BBC site...
Someone should comment that the 747, N752PA, was blown up by hijackers after landing in Cairo.
Is it not interesting how "the blackest day in aviation", back in 1970, occured right around the 11th of September? Ypsidan 04:46, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
Robert Stephens biography on Gamal Abdel Nasser, Nasser - A Political Biography, briefly touches upon the subject, but there are a few differences. He claims:
- PFLP demanded the release of Palestinians in Switzerland (3 people), UK (Leila Khaled), West Germany (3 people) and Israel (an unspecified number), not only those in prison in Switzerland
- The BOAC plane was hijacked three days after the first four ones
- After the blowing up of the planes on Sep. 12, only 54 hostages were kept, the others released.
- The seven palestinians in prison in CH, UK, BRD were released, not Palestinians in Israel.
Thuresson 20:50, 29 Mar 2005 (UTC)
TWA 74 or TWA 741?
There seems to be confusion about the flight number of the hijacked TWA jet. There are almost as many websites on Google that say TWA 74 (excluding those who directly quote Wikipedia) and TWA 741. On the other hand, my old TWA timetable shows Frankfurt-New York as flight 741. Any thoughts on this? -- AirOdyssey (Talk) 03:30, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
- Ooops, I originated this error here in May 2004. I just checked my original source (a NY Times article) and they have the flight number as 741. I must have mistyped it. Please tell the Internet that I'm sorry. And maybe PBS should hire you as a fact checker. Ydorb 17:59, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
Dawson's Field site
Hijackers as passengers
Image copyright problem with Image:PatrickArguello.gif
The image Image:PatrickArguello.gif is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
Very uncomfortable with Antisemitism cats here. This was a politically motivated attack against the state of Israel. Jews were held as pawns, not becasue their captors wanted to inflict suffering on them solely b/c they were Jewish. Come on. Chesdovi (talk) 17:21, 12 May 2011 (UTC)
Dawson Field Madrid TWA sabatoge
I was flying from Madrid to NY on the day of the hijacking.As we boarded they searched everyone for hours. As soon as we took off the plane (I believe a 747) started shaking from nose to tail. The captain made an announcement that we would be making an emergency landing in Madrid. We never got above probably 1000 feet. We were told after the plane landed about the hijackings and that someone had damaged one of our planes stabilizers. This incident is not included in your Article.Tag Hunter --Tag Hunter (talk) 21:08, 5 April 2012 (UTC)
The opening sentence of the article states that one of the flights was destined for London, but the body of the article separately describes each flight as destined for New York City. Anybody know why the opening sentence claims this? Guinness2702 (talk) 15:47, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
Pan Am Flight 93 disambiguation
On CNNs website it was stated many times that this event was Nixon's 9/11, going so far as to claim that the event also occurred on 9/11. I had to search many times to find this article because I had the wrong date.18.104.22.168 (talk) 06:02, 1 August 2015 (UTC)31jetjet <ref>http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/27/politics/terrorism-1970s-richard-nixon/</ref?
Swissair 100 passengers
There's somewhere a mistake in passenger numbers. Infobox says: 145 passengers + 8 crew. Table says 141 + 10 crew. But if we add up the passenger numbers from the table with nationalities, we get 131. So we have 3 different numbers. --Geewhiz (talk) 07:31, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Dawson's Field hijackings. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060324074350/http://www.asi-mag.com/editorials/leila_khaled.htm to http://www.asi-mag.com/editorials/leila_khaled.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.