- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: Move. A hatnote should get readers looking for Def Jam where they want to be. Cúchullain t/c 14:04, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
Deaf Jam (2011 documentary) → Deaf Jam – Requesting a name change due to issues of precision, as explained in the naming convention policies and guidelines. The old title, Deaf Jam (2011 Documentary), is too precise, while the proposed title, Deaf Jam, is precise enough to unambiguously indicate the topic, as it is the title of the film discussed in the article. According to a search of wikipedia, there is no article currently existing with that name, although the search redirects to Def Jam Recordings, which is an entirely different article title, with an essentially different spelling. The spelling of each title is fundamental to the content of the article, and as the they do not overlap, Deaf Jam, should be a legitimate title for this article. Madebyhand (talk) 19:42, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose as unhelpful to readers. I suspect a lot of people looking for the record label will type that proposed title, and will be confused or surprised. -- Ohc ¡digame!¿que pasa? 06:27, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
- This should be moved, but I do concede the point User:Ohconfucius makes. Perhaps a move to Deaf Jam (film) would be most appropriate? BOVINEBOY2008 21:30, 24 May 2013 (UTC)
- Support; I would need evidence of significantly widespread misspelling before conceding that the difference is insufficient disambiguation. A hatnote would be in order, of course. Powers T 13:57, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
- Support per Powers. Hatnotes are the way to deal with this. However, we can probably all agree that Bovineboy's suggestion is an improvement. --BDD (talk) 20:52, 5 June 2013 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.