Talk:Demographics of Tajikistan
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Demographics of Tajikistan article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Central Asia||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Tajikistan||(Rated Start-class, Top-importance)|
It says that 10% of Tajikis are jewish. That can't be right, that would mean 600,000 Jews which is more then reside in Russia proper and close to the number of French Jews which has the 3rd most jews in the world.
- It's not saying 10% are Jewish, it's saying 10% are other including Jews and other religions in the parentheses. --Jfowler27 20:18, 5 January 2007 (UTC)
CIa factbook stats
This article needs some heavy revision since most, if not all, of the statistics are copied directly from the CIA Factbook. --Jfowler27 20:16, 5 January 2007 (UTC)
Need to Clean up
This article is full of unsourced materials and stories about the racial origins of various ethnic groups? For instance states that Tajiks are from Indo-Eropean people !? It is if there is a race of Indo_europeans ? then again it adds with small mixture of non-Indo-European peoples ? Are we dealing with ethnic ingridients or what?.
Another interesting statement is :Thus almost 10 million Tajiks were forcefully Uzbekisized when Turkization promoted by Pan-Turkists failed
Considering the population of the Uzbakistan as of 2005, was 26 million, the whole country couldn't have more that 5 or 7 million back in turn of the century, after formation of five Central Asian republics under USSR ! Where were these 10 million people? And who was behind this Turkization promoted by Pan-Turkists ?! --Mehrdad 22:05, 8 April 2007 (UTC)
I have started cleaning up. Help is needed with five names of Turkic peoples in the population census table (under Uzbeks). These are Lakai (Лакайцы), Kongrat (Конграты), Katagan (Катаганы), Barlos (Барлосы), and Yuz (Юзы). Can someone please find authoritative English names for these ethnic groups?
I would appreciate it if someone would tell me how to indent the first column entries in the table. My efforts to indent the Turkic minorities produced laughable results (see the entries for Kongrat to Yuz in the table).
Update of statistics is needed
The last citated statistical data is since the year 2000. We are in 2010, so I think the population changed and the proportion of the ethnic groups changed considerably. Can anyone give some fresh demographical data? Thanks. User: Transsylvanian —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 12:50, 15 June 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 8 external links on Demographics of Tajikistan. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/61CULh3l6?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.demoscope.ru%2Fweekly%2F2005%2F0191%2Fanalit05.php to http://www.demoscope.ru/weekly/2005/0191/analit05.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110506065230/http://esa.un.org/unpd/wpp/index.htm to http://esa.un.org/unpd/wpp/index.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150402125545/http://www.demoscope.ru/weekly/ssp/ussr_ed_1935.php to http://www.demoscope.ru/weekly/ssp/ussr_ed_1935.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100316172652/http://demoscope.ru:80/weekly/ssp/sng_nac_59.php? to http://demoscope.ru/weekly/ssp/sng_nac_59.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20091203151519/http://demoscope.ru:80/weekly/ssp/sng_nac_70.php to http://demoscope.ru/weekly/ssp/sng_nac_70.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100324145212/http://demoscope.ru:80/weekly/ssp/sng_nac_79.php? to http://demoscope.ru/weekly/ssp/sng_nac_79.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100316172713/http://demoscope.ru:80/weekly/ssp/sng_nac_89.php? to http://demoscope.ru/weekly/ssp/sng_nac_89.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100707053338/http://www.ling.su.se/staff/ljuba/maps/tajikistan.gif to http://www.ling.su.se/staff/ljuba/maps/tajikistan.gif
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.