|WikiProject Classical music / Compositions|
merged all the articles for individual songs into the one article. no point having multiple stubs all over the place. Kenkoo1987 14:25, 11 May 2007 (UTC)
Why isn't Fritz Wunderlichs recording with Giesen listed among the important recordings of Dichterliebe?
- I would agree that the Wunderlich recording is one of the most well known recordings of the cycle (at least here in the US) Captbaritone (talk) 04:51, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
So where do the four cut songs go in the original order?
Some prominent critics (e.g. Charles Rosen) have advocated restoring them, after all, so this seems like an important enough question to answer in the article. Double sharp (talk) 07:20, 5 March 2017 (UTC)
- From hints from the Hyperion booklet it seems that the order might have had Dein Angesicht and then Lehn' deine Wang between No. 7 and No. 8, and then Es leuchtet meine Liebe and Mein Wagen rollet langsam between No. 12 and No. 13. But these are, frustratingly, only hints. Double sharp (talk) 07:28, 5 March 2017 (UTC)
OK, I found this info here. The order is:
- I. In wunderschönen Monat Mai
- II. Aus meinen Tränen sprießen
- III. Die Rose, die Lilie
- IV. Wenn ich deine Augen seh'
- V. Dein Angesicht
- VI. Lehn' deine Wang'
- VII. Ich will meine Seele tauchen
- VIII. Im Rhein, im heiligen Strome
- IX. Ich grolle nicht
- X. Und wüßten's die Blumen, die kleinen
- XI. Das ist ein Flöten und Geigen
- XII. Hör' ich das Liedchen klingen
- XIII. Ein Jüngling liebt ein Mädchen
- XIV. Am leuchtenden Sommermorgen
- XV. Es leuchtet meine Liebe
- XVI. Mein Wagen rollet langsam
- XVII. Ich hab' in Traum geweinet
- XVIII. Allnächtlich im Traume
- XIX. Aus alten Märchen winkt es
- XX. Die alten, bösen Lieder