|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Added some internal links
Added a link to the digitalbritain government site/blog
Due to the note on the page, I have introduced a link to here from the Mobile broadband page. I hope this helps. Anyone else think of related content to link here from?
Added a link from, the Telecommunication page, as that seemed relevant.
When did someone chop this? why? Why no comments or explanations?
I spent a good amount of time researching and writing this, and some just comes along and chops it! including removing the link to the government run site that it is talking about! —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ukbroadband (talk • contribs) 23:55, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
Please note: Will users wishing to edit this page please leave notes here first.
As for the edit removing the discussion of a forum, the Forum being talked about is NOT an internet forum, rather: 'A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation'. The Digital Britian Forum is a governement steering group initiative, not an internet forum. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ukbroadband (talk • contribs) 00:12, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- That was me. The "comments" were in the edit summaries; see the article history!
- In summary, I performed the following actions:
- General tidyup
- Converted the "about" section into an article lead
- Removed the section about PointTopic, as it appeared to be a copyright violation (see WP:COPYVIO)
- Removed the in-depth discussion about the forum, as that's not the subject of the article, and details such as being powered by Wordpress are in no way relevant!
- Added a "references" heading
- Note that I've re-added a link to the site. Oli Filth(talk|contribs) 00:29, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
Publication of report
The Digital Britain report was published on 16 June, so I have updated the article and added a link to a BBC article about the report. This article will need more information though. TheRetroGuy (talk) 20:07, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Digital Britain. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090707085424/http://www.culture.gov.uk:80/what_we_do/broadcasting/5631.aspx to http://www.culture.gov.uk/what_we_do/broadcasting/5631.aspx/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100420035400/http://www.culture.gov.uk:80/what_we_do/broadcasting/6216.aspx to http://www.culture.gov.uk/what_we_do/broadcasting/6216.aspx
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100323020408/http://www.digitalparticipation.com:80/national-plan to http://www.digitalparticipation.com/national-plan
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.