|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Article formatting - image alignment
Keeping the Examples paragraphs aligned with the images is an irritating task that seems to get reversed at each edit. Is there a surefire way to make sure they don't shift about?
I think that should be updated with the new version Chico75 22:38, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
- It is already the new version. Unless you are talking about the new Storefront, which is still in beta and should therefore not be used. --Tom Edwards 22:58, 5 August 2006 (UTC)
From the article: "As Steam is mainly used to distribute multiplayer games"
This is not correct. By looking at the list of games over at the Steam website [] I believe it's clear that there are large numbers of non-multiplayer games at offer.
- Yeah, that needs updating. --Tom Edwards 10:13, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
- I got rid of the whole section. In the past it's been a target for linkspam, and the information belongs in the articles anyway. --Tom Edwards 10:32, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
Why isn't the destruction of secondhand markets mentioned in the criticisms section? Surely this is one of, if not the biggest drawbacks of purely digital distribution systems. The existence of secondhand markets is good for consumers, and the right of consumers to resell books, movies, games, etc. that they've legitimately purchased has always been recognized. Digital distribution makes resale impossible, and thus is a very bad deal for anyone interested in reselling their older content or in shopping for bargains on older, used content.188.8.131.52 (talk) 16:44, 2 October 2009 (UTC)Matt
Impact on Traditional Retail
I added a large amount of content to this section and also went ahead and created some sub-sections for various industries while making sure to include a lot of citations. If anyone has any thoughts on how to further improve this entry, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Baumanmm (talk) 16:35, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
suggest to split this aritcle
As this article is an unclear mix of technical and legal issues i suggest to split it accordingly. Furtermore there are quit a vieq articles tat deal with distributors and distributions. This should also be cleaned up. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Theking2 (talk • contribs) 22:13, 23 October 2012 (UTC) Theking2 (talk) 22:18, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- I oppose a split on the basis that the article is not well developed and so optimal organization is not clear. There are a lot of overlapping articles in this topic area (see See also section of this article). If this article can't get focused, the better solution may be break it up and merge the pieces into other existing articles. -—Kvng 14:45, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Digital distribution. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120527144404/http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/990/990254p1.html to http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/990/990254p1.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110421074810/http://www.statesman.com/business/technology/download-distribution-opening-new-doors-for-independent-game-1409285.html to http://www.statesman.com/business/technology/download-distribution-opening-new-doors-for-independent-game-1409285.html
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.