Talk:Ding ware

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search



Well, "Ding ware" is a terrible name for these products since the standard for these pages is "~ porcelain" (cf. Vincennes porcelain, Kraak porcelain, &c) and the name should equally apply to ding cauldrons... but apparently it's simply accepted as a phrase in reference to Chinese products. Google Scholar has 19 'porcelain's to 198 'ware's. Blehhh... — LlywelynII 08:54, 17 December 2013 (UTC)

Probably because a high proportion of sources DON'T describe them as porcelain at all, but as stoneware - see the article. "Fooware" is the best and most widely-used term for all such broad categories. Johnbod (talk) 17:30, 16 September 2016 (UTC)