From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Education  
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Education, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of education and education-related topics on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
 ???  This article has not yet received a rating on the project's quality scale.
 ???  This article has not yet received a rating on the project's importance scale.

The situation in Austria is somewhat different from what was presented in this article. While previously there were so-called "Diplomstudien", the conferred degree has always been "Magister" except for a few technical areas where it is "Diplom-Ingenieur". However, in recent years the Diplomstudien have been replaced with split bachelor/master programs. --Peter Putzer 14:04, 19 November 2005 (UTC)

Are diplomas generally portrait of landscape - most college degrees seem to be A4 portrait, but on television shows, high school diplomas are always portraid landscape style? - 03:18, 3 February 2007 (UTC)

All my diplomas are landscape, both HS and college, enclosed in a binder hinged along a long side which is placed at the top. However, be aware the most recent was awarded in 1976. I have 2 of my childrens' HS diplomas, both a LS. As to size, I located my MA diploma, and it is letter (US) size, not A4. The HS diplomas, including mine from 1964 are much smaller, about 5 by 8 inches estimated. All are enclosed in a stiff folder or binder, hinged at the top. These are from institutions in California, Arizona, Texas and Illinois. Wschart 20:40, 6 May 2007 (UTC)