|WikiProject Video games||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Anime and manga||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|The following references may be useful when improving this article in the future:
Hell, I can provide screenshots. You obviously haven't played the game, so please don't vandalize the page based on silly assumptions.
And if you don't believe me, here's a picture of the final boss. :<>
Omgwtflolz 09:38, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
Actually, I have it in my PS2 right now. Regardless of their truth or not, that doesn't mean the spoilers belong directly inside the character descriptions. For example, at Disgaea: Hour of Darkness the characters section is mostly story-spoiler free, but the plot section has extensive story-spoilers. Reading just a few sentences of the character descriptions as they currently stand would completely ruin the game for anyone wanting to experience the story. -KiTA 17:35, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
- The spoiler warnings are there for a reason, you know. Also, if you've played the game, then why the hell are you claiming that these aren't true? Stuff from the end of the game aside, it's blatantly obvious by chapter five or so that the masked woman is Adel's mother. And if you have the game, why don't you play it and see for yourself instead of making absurd assumptions and deleting content? And if the spoilers bother you so much, honestly, nobody's stopping you from sticking them into a spoiler section or something.Omgwtflolz 19:50, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
Oh, and I guess I should be pointing out to anyone who might be confused after reading this that KiTA edited his original post, in which he said, I quote, "since the game was released less than a week ago in Japan, and since most of them were rehashes of the theories and jokes on the various Nippon Ichi fanboards, I believe them to be mostly fake". Omgwtflolz 20:10, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
I'd like to echo the call for a consolidated character section free of spoilers, followed by a more spoiler-laden story section: the character spoilers could all go here. I appreciate that spoiler tags are currently being used for all relevant sections, so there's no problem with the article per se, but the current format renders it unreadable to anyone who wants to read about the game but doesn't want ending details given away. I'd be willing to do this myself, but I don't have the game and I think this is best left to somebody who knows the full facts. Dooky 21:16, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
Should the spoilers
I know this is being adressed, but coud it be possible to separate the basic character notes from the spoilers? At least until the game is out in North America/Europe?
I understand that spoilers are usually in these description, but it's one line of basic description and BAM spoilers.
220.127.116.11 19:04, 26 February 2006 (UTC)
The spoiler tag really shouldn't be one lowercase line. Important plot details are being revealed with next to no warning.
Is needed like no tomorrow. Can we decide on the spellings used for each character/place/etc.? 18.104.22.168 15:05, 15 April 2006 (UTC)
- It'll remain an issue until NIS American releases more of their official localizations, I'm afraid. We only know "Adell" and "Dark Court" for now from this. Papacha 00:24, 24 May 2006 (UTC)
The official site for the English version is up. http://www.nisamerica.com/games/d2/
Would having North American box art be preferable? This is the English Wikipedia, after all. (I can scan it.) Dr. Sunglasses 17:37, 1 October 2006 (UTC)
I just changed it. The boxart should reflect the North American release.
Charactors in pop culture
not only items have pop culture refferences the charactors seem to have refferences like the male ninja has a similar look to kakashi from naruto Darkland 22:29, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
It's not the same. The male ninjas look like Kakashi, but there is no definite proof that it makes that specific reference. Also, the reason why the weapons/armors/items reference is more credible is because their descriptions have the quotes in them and the name matches the description (eg. Sesshomaru-Let's find the damn jewel shards is an obvious reference to Inuyasha)22.214.171.124 06:53, 6 February 2007 (UTC)burnfist
The game is full of refenrences to various things. Both in pop culture, real world events, and releating to other games. As for the male ninja thier classes up to level three are from Naruto (Genin, Chunin, Junin) and tons of other things exsist but they don't bear anything to the game itself or its story line. Kou Nurasaka 01:13, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
Genin, Chunin and Jonin weren't invented within Naruto. Just thought someon needed to put that out there. Ichi TK 07:34, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
Japanese cover artwork
Whatever happened to the Japanese cover artwork?
I think we should also include Japanese cover artwork on this article. Is there any way we could do this?
(Just because they were made in Japan and sold in Japan, it seems to be...original unlike the US cover artwork.)
- There's no reason, since there's generally only one difference between any US and Japanese artwork – whether the logo is in Japanese or English. And did you have to post this on every single game article?—Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 00:43, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- Originality: What came first came from Japan. Until a US cover artwork has released, it felt like being second (although we're down here in the US).
- Why US cover artwork? Why without Japanese cover artwork--originality? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 00:50, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- Because this is the English Wikipedia. Non-english items are only used if an English item can not be located, or to illustrate a point. These images would not illustrate any points because of small changes. Now PLEASE stop posting to so many talk pages, this is considered disruptive and could earn you a block. SpigotMap 00:53, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- The non-free use guidelines are as follows: as few non-free content uses as possible are included in each article and in Wikipedia as a whole. Multiple items are not used if one will suffice. The cover of an English version of the game will suffice in the English Wikipedia.—Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 00:55, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- Uh, why was the English box art changed to the Japanese box art? I really think that it should be changed back to the English cover. This is the English Wikipedia after all.--Hallow Ichigo (talk) 14:02, 28 February 2008 (UTC)
Dark Hero Days?
http://www.qj.net/New-characters-elements-revealed-in-new-Disgaea-2-Portable-screenshots/pg/49/aid/128878 http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/mikosama/dps443_03.jpg http://www.psphyper.com/psp/more-details-of-disgaea-2s-new-elements/
Shouldn't there be a section about the PSP port, Dark Hero Days?
Tentative edits by a new editor
This is one of my first edits and I think I did pretty well. I expanded this Reception & Awards section. Removed a dubious US release date of the PSP port and replaced with Fall 2009, as stated on NIS America's press release. So far from what I've seen, different retailers, both online and off, have listed conflicting release dates... Also rearranged it so that the See Also section came before References. While working on this, I had to look up several documentation pages for wiki markup, haha. Hopefully I have done more help than harm to this article. BlazerKnight (talk) 15:45, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Disgaea 2. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061202204808/http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3153304 to http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3153304&p=2&sec=REVIEWS
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.